“good food and nice people...killer chocolate cake”
Review of The Rock

The Rock
Ranked #2 of 17 Restaurants in Twain Harte
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night
Description: Grill & Sports Bar AWESOME FOOD & they were friendly!
LINCOLN
“good food and nice people...killer chocolate cake”
Reviewed April 24, 2014

If you want something American...ribs, smoked chicken, dogs with chili or a goodo burger and a cold beer, this is the place. Friendly staff. The desserts are really the best of everything on the menu if you are into chocolate....ask for aside of soft ice cream. The owners are Jim and Diane Dunigan. He'll be in the kitchen and she out front to greet and mix with you.

• Visited April 2014

Twain Harte, California
“Great Burgers!”
Reviewed March 4, 2014

My go-to place for the best burgers! Sometimes the place is a little too crowded for my tastes, but that is a good thing for the business!

Sonora, California
“Good place in Twain Harte”
Reviewed March 4, 2014

A a local, I've been a here a number of times. It's a good place to get a decent burger or sandwich and a beer and hang out. Can get busy on summer weekend evenings.

Reno, Nevada
“Food and service is okay.”
Reviewed January 26, 2014

We've come here with friends and just as a couple. Have sat inside and outside on the patio. Service was a little slow, but it does get really busy. It's just kind of a local spot- basic American food- nothing fancy but nothing really spectacular either. We've had the nachos, burgers, soup.. nothing that really stood out.

That said, it's Twain Harte and there aren't a ton of options so we'll probably be back.

Silverthorne, Colorado
“Great burger”
Reviewed October 19, 2013

When I was a kid I remember the people who lived here. Now it's a small sports bar themed restaurant. Nice place to hang and have a cold beer and some food.
Burgers, BBQ beef sandwich etc $8-$15. The food was very good.
The wait staff very friendly.

So why did I give it a 2 rating?

I had the Gorgonzola burger which was awesome, BUT half way thru the burger I bit into a 3" hair in my burger and immediately lost my appetite. I showed it to our waitress and she apologized and said you should have told me sooner I would have fixed it. Like I said I already lost my appetite. She did however take the whole meal off the ticket and apologize again.

Having done the right thing I probably should give a 3 rating but I can't get past the hair in my food.

• Visited October 2013