“Great burger”

The Rock
Ranked #2 of 17 Restaurants in Twain Harte
Cuisines: American, Bar
Good for: Families with children, Kids
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Grill & Sports Bar AWESOME FOOD & they were friendly!
Silverthorne, Colorado
“Great burger”
Reviewed October 19, 2013

When I was a kid I remember the people who lived here. Now it's a small sports bar themed restaurant. Nice place to hang and have a cold beer and some food.
Burgers, BBQ beef sandwich etc $8-$15. The food was very good.
The wait staff very friendly.

So why did I give it a 2 rating?

I had the Gorgonzola burger which was awesome, BUT half way thru the burger I bit into a 3" hair in my burger and immediately lost my appetite. I showed it to our waitress and she apologized and said you should have told me sooner I would have fixed it. Like I said I already lost my appetite. She did however take the whole meal off the ticket and apologize again.

Having done the right thing I probably should give a 3 rating but I can't get past the hair in my food.

• Visited October 2013

Paradise, CA.
“Awesome food!”
Reviewed August 5, 2013

Loved the food and atmosphere, friendly and informative about the area. food was excellent, beer was great!

Visited August 2013
1 Thank TinaMcNeill67
Chicago, Illinois
“Quality Has decreased in Past year”
Reviewed July 24, 2013

Still not a lot of choices in the area, and a number of restaurants have ceased to exist. The Rock has easy parking and a standard American menu, but the food has reverted to just average and the service is a bit spotty. Internet is available.

1 Thank MarshBruce
“Worst cooks in county didn't used to be until the last couple of week. Called manager apparently had same teacher as chefs. Any”
Reviewed July 22, 2013

Sucks worst cooks. Would of went to Burger King if I would have none. Tried giving a second chance after last week but even worse.tried talking to manager but poor service there to. Hopefully owners make a big change because it used to be a good place to eat

Greenville, South Carolina
“The place to eat at in Twain Harte”
Reviewed July 22, 2013

Twain Harte is a small mountain community but that doesn't mean there aren't great places to eat. Saturday night at The Rock was busy but had amazing food and drinks. Plenty of draft beer selections for all types of beer drinkers. And the food was great. They had sandwiches, burgers (the best in town), full dinner options, salads, appetizers, desserts, and more. We had the potato skins, a BLT, shrimp scampi, and one of the burgers. All excellent. The staff was also very attentive and the outside seating was perfect on a summer night. Prices were all very reasonable I thought.

1 Thank Laura S