“Good family fun!”
Review of Lazy Z Resort

Lazy Z Resort
Reviewed August 6, 2010

We stayed three nights with a four year old and a 13 year old in one of the Cottages. The air conditioner was quite loud since we needed it at night, but we were glad to have it since it was 100+ degrees during our stay. We loved the grounds and the fact that we had our own little "cabin" in the woods. It had practically everything we need for our 3 days. We walked to the pool and resort area. The kids had a blast! We thought it was lovely and relaxing and loved the pool with its different levels which delighted our 4 year old. The staff was low key and visible occasionally but if we requested something such as pillows we got it. Nice grocery store in town and we had some great BBQ'd meals. Overall,we thought it was a good value for or family and a great place to spend a few summer days...We want to come back during the winter too! The Fong Family, Albany, CA

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled with family
There are newer reviews for Lazy Z Resort

Reviewed July 22, 2010

This resort is a great place to get away. I have been once with a girlfriend, just relaxing, reading and swimming. I have also been with family, and it was just as fun and relaxing too! I love it there. The town is small but nice, with a little shopping, and great food. Villa D'oro is amazing.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed July 21, 2010

We recently had a small family reunion at the Lazy Z. Based on previous reviews and on the resort's website, I expected great things! The pool and clubhouse were very nice - great bar, hot tub, outdoor television, bbq, bocce ball, ping pong,etc and a perfect place for our family to gather during the day. Unfortunately the cabins were badly in need of upkeep and cleaning - dirty floors and carpets, windows that wouldn't stay open, loose railings on the decks and lights that didn't work. The cabins are in need a good cleaning and some basic maintenance. If they add air conditioning and do the cleaning and maintenance, this could be a great resort!!

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed May 25, 2010

The Lazy Z resort was the greatest vacation my family has had in years. The location was great. The people at the resort we awesome. Our cabin was much more then we expected. We did not even want to go back home. My two teen aged daughters want this to be our family vacation spot forever. The ground, trails, swimming pool, spa, and club house got used every night we stayed. We honestly didn't have to leave to have fun. It' s everything wrapped into one package. I highly recommed this place. I already have. Co*workers are already planning to go on there vacations to the Lazy Z. It's right in the middle of all the little towns to go and visit. So from my family to yours this is the place to go. The Vause Family in Dos Palos. Ca.

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed January 21, 2010

Promised my tween daughter that we would go skiing and a friend recommended Dodge Ridge, so I started looking for hotels in the vicinity. As soon as I saw the adorable cabins at Lazy Z Resort, I had to stay there! The price was comparable to hotels and as my daughter pointed out; she could jump around the room and not have to worry about bothering guests in rooms above or below us! It was so quite that it seemed as if we had the place to ourselves but we did see cars parked at other cabins. They have a beautiful rock pool and a hot tub which we used after skiing. The pool and hot tub is located at the club house which contained cool antiques plus there was a game room where we played Fussball. You could also shoot pool or play table tennis although they should move the Ping-Pong table indoors during the winter months. The resort is a short, 25 minute drive to the Dodge Ridge Ski Resort. I can’t wait to return to the Lazy Z Resort so I can get a bigger cabin and bring some of my daughters’ friends. This area was so much easier to get to and less stressful than going to Tahoe. So as our governor would say, I’ll be back.

• Stayed: January 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed October 16, 2009

My husband and I got married at this great resort! We rented the whole space for 4 days and 3 nights and wouldn't change the location for the world. Their wedding coordinator was so accommodating and so helpful which made our wedding experience even better. Our family was so excited to see something different than the church weddings they had been to before. To this day we still we are still complemented on our choice of location.

P.S- When we were trying to make our wedding site decision they offered a complimentary night stay and use of the grounds to make us aware of their accommodations. It worked!! We were given complimentary night stays at other locations with less enticing results.

• Stayed: June 2008
Reviewed August 3, 2009

I loved staying at the Lazy Z. We loved our cabin, we loved the resort, the pool, the nature, the staff. everything was awesome. I can't wait to come back up for different stays. I'm really happy that we had our family reunion at such a great place. will definatly recomend to friends and family.

• Stayed: July 2009
#2 of 8 in Sonora
Evergreen Lodge at Yosemite
INNS of California-Sonora
McCaffrey House Bed and Breakfast Inn

Been to Lazy Z Resort? Share your experiences!