“Could Be Great...But Not!”

Little Cottage Cafe
Ranked #7 of 18 Restaurants in Twain Harte
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch
Reviewed August 7, 2010

The restaurant is cute and the menu is interesting. But....the food is average at best and .the service is rarely good and one waitress in particular seems to really not like her job. Wish it was better but we have finally given up hope and no longer go there.

Reviewed January 11, 2010

We crowded in with our extended family of 10, and were pleasantly surprised with delicious fresh and healthy food, friendly staff, organic coffee and espresso drinks, and nice local vibe. If I'd known it was there, I certainly wouldn't have made my own coffee in the hotel the first morning!

Reviewed August 8, 2009

Went to the Cottage with my daughter and our family last weekend. The service was not very friendly. My meal was okay because I just ordered eggs over medium with toast, which is hard to wreck. My husband ordered the egg omelet special that had pesto in it. It was a small portion and the eggs looked funny because of the pesto. It was not very good or anything we could not make at home. My son-in-law's french toast was made from looked like Columbo sour dough bread, nothing special, tasted plain. My daughter had a bagel and cream cheese because there was nothing she liked on the menu. Years ago we went there and on special days the owner makes a baked french toast that is to die for. From the looks of the food we were served, it would be best for her to make that more often. We will cook at home our breakfast in the future rather than go here.

Reviewed October 20, 2008

We visited for 2 meals last weekend, we liked it so much. The menu is creative with many daily specials on the board - delicious panini, salad, frittata, omelet, soup, and seasonal specialties. Cozy, cute ambiance, and very friendly people. They were great with our little kids. I look forward to going back again!

Reviewed March 17, 2008

This cute, cozy, friendly restaurant served us the most amazing breakfast specials on a recent visit. Goat cheese omelets and Pesto sausage scramble. Awesome. Highly recommend.