“Wonderful Atmosphere”

The Winery Restaurant & Wine Bar
Reserve with OpenTable
The Winery Restaurant & Wine Bar is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #5 of 288 Restaurants in Tustin
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: Jamboree/Barranca
Richmond, Virginia
“Wonderful Atmosphere”
Reviewed November 7, 2013 via mobile

We were a large group however the staff handled our needs seamlessly and with professionalism. Great wine, and good healthy fish choices. Very pleasant plate presentation. Ask about the seasoned sea salt collection. This was a favorite for a few in the party.

Visited November 2013

California
“Bad experience”
Reviewed October 29, 2013

Husband and I came here for a date night. We had heard really good reviews about the Winery but they failed in numerous ways. Made reservations online and requested a booth, this request was not made due to the Maître d' telling us that other reservations for the booths had been made earlier in the week. At this point I was unaware that my husband had made reservations 2 and half weeks ago. Service was slow and the courses took an extremely long time to come out. My husband ordered the Elk and I ordered the bone-in filet. Our waitress tried to tell me they were the only ones who had a bone-in filet other than Morton's. Completely false statement and I always order a bone-in filet, this is my favorite cut. My husband's Elk was tender and delicious. When the bone-in filet was brought, all I could smell was burnt. Medium plus is how it was supposed to be prepared but it was completely dry piece of meat. Also our side was the wrong order. The waitress was apologetic but it took a long amount of time to bring me a menu to order something else and to come back to see what I was going to decide on. By this time my husband was more than half done with his meal. I declined on ordering anything at that point. Either the waitress failed to report this to her manager or the manager was not interested on asking how the meal failed. I believe the waitress might have too many tables to attend to rather than having fewer tables to be able to accommodate their needs. Before we left, I asked the hostess for the manager. Maître d' Scott Hopkins said he could not accommodate our booth request since they have customers that have been dining with them for 5-6 years and they have priority. He kept telling me that I had to understand this but I do not. I have never been treated with such disrespect. I am a potential returning customer but yet you are telling me that no matter how far in advance I make reservations, that others will always have preference over me. This disregard to newer customers is ridiculous and I cannot believe this restaurant functions on such a belief. With all the dining options in Orange County I will not be dining at the Winery again. I believe this place does have potential but they failed from the moment we walked in the door. I also expressed my concern of how my meat was prepared burnt and dry, Scott did give me his card to come back for a second chance. Under normal circumstances I would have given this restaurant a second chance. In all of my dining experiences, I have to say that this will stick with me. I understand orders do have mishaps but I will never understand their policy for new customers not being able to request a booth. Funny thing is that Scott really thought I should understand that they have limited booths and those will always be given to preferred customers.

• Visited October 2013
2 Thank Maria B
Irvine, California
“Now an Upscale Hooters”
Reviewed September 21, 2013

Ive enjoyed this restaurant in the past with great wine and food

It seems the female staff are being hired now based on cleavage that bursts out of their new uniforms rather than service. We went to enjoy some food and drinks at the bar and the staff was extremely unattentive. We had to waive the bar server down multiple times to be served and she was unfriendly and lacked any warmth.

As professional women, we are not used to being in a restaurant where the female staff are dressed to look tacky. The least the Winery management could do is dress the men without shirts and make sure they are buffed to make things a bit more equitable, while we experience poor service.

we'd prefer to go somewhere else in future.

• Visited September 2013
2 Thank Sophis2cat
Dallas, Texas
“Great Happy Hour”
Reviewed September 11, 2013 via mobile

Great happy hour! The atmosphere is upscale and fun the bar menu and drinks are great and reasonably priced. The service was great

• Visited September 2013
Rancho Santa Margarita, California
“Above and Beyond the BEST!”
Reviewed September 3, 2013

This is by far one of the best restaurants in Orange County! The service was amazing, always there when you want them, never there when you don't. The wine list is very impressive and the food is absolutely to die for. Whenever we want a date night, we head to The Winery!

• Visited June 2013