“Birthday Dinner”

The Winery Restaurant & Wine Bar
Reserve with OpenTable
The Winery Restaurant & Wine Bar is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #5 of 297 Restaurants in Tustin
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: Jamboree/Barranca
Reviewed September 4, 2012

I took my wife here for her birthday dinner and we were treated superbly. This is a busy restaurant and you must reserve 1-2 weeks in advance for a Saturday night. The hostess will call you to confirm you are coming. The earlier your reservation the better your seat. The wait staff is well trained and very personable. They will not rush your dinner unless you ask them too. The wine menu is extensive - - including by the glass. The salad, entree and desert selections are impressive. There are ample fish/seafood entrees and several exotic meat entrees. Because we reserved through Open Table and gave them advance notice of the birthday they had a special desert treat for us. I have read the few negative comments about this restaurant. I have dined here twice and will return without hesitation.

Reviewed July 15, 2012

My wife had been treated to dinner here by our two sons so when we saw a Groupon deal for a $99 chef's tasting dinner for two we jumped at it. The receptionist greeted us by name and we were seated immediately with a 6:00 p.m. reservation on a Saturday. Our table in the bar area for two was quiet even with a party of four seated next to us.
Dinner started with heirloom tomatoes and mozarella followed by buffalo carpaccio and lobster ravioli. The main course was a lamb chop and small filet; cheesecake for dessert. Wine list was extensive with prices a bit high but not unreasonable. Not a lot of food but everything was excellent.
Our server Miguel was very warm and attentive and did not rush us through almost two hours of dinner and conversation.
Regular menu prices are on the high end and the food, ambiance, and service would make this a good choice for a special evening.

Reviewed June 28, 2012

Food that is five star delicious, ambience as good, and a noise level that is well below the norm of today's special places, make this a destination well worth seeking... The two course lunch special at $16.95 was superb...a delightful strawberry and spinach salad, followed by a generous portion of perfectly prepared fresh salmon on a bed of very flavorful cous cous was indeed a bargain. I told the hostess that it was my daughter-in-law's birthday, and we were brought a yummy creme brulee topped with fresh fruit..on the house!
I look forward to using the $99 coupon I purchased on Travel Zoo to be used here for a five course $205 dinner!!!! I wish these people a long and successful restaurant live!

1  Thank carolynb351
Reviewed April 5, 2012

My husband & I visited The Winery on a Friday evening. It was very busy, but you never would have known that with the service we had, which was impecable! The food was absolutely delicious - some of the best I had the whole time I was in Southern California. The wine selection is superb. The ambiance is really warm and inviting. While it was expensive, the overall experience was one not to miss.

1  Thank ccbozard
Reviewed March 3, 2012

This is my new favorite restaurant! The employees are all friendly and efficient. They have some system for learning your name, then using it during the night, making you feel like a regular customer, when in actuality you've never been in before! Quite a touch!

The food is awesome, not overpriced, and the wine list is great! They have some tables in the kitchen, which I'm sure would be quite an experience. The place is tremendously popular, though, so call ahead and be prepared. It is so worth it!