“Make sure you are hungry and go straight home afterwards”

Seoul Garden BBQ Buffet
Ranked #57 of 289 Restaurants in Tustin
Cuisines: Korean
Reviewed June 22, 2014

Went here for dinner. Make sure you are hungry. Also, make sure you don't go anywhere afterwards because you will smell like a korean bbq. Food was good. Service was ok. A little pricey if you don't eat that much - $20/person. They even charge you for rice! I do like the choices (everything from beef, chicken, fish). I think there was something wrong with our grill because it was smoking like crazy. The other tables weren't smoking. They came and changed our grill but by then, we were half way done and we had smoke smell all over us. I had to lean to the side to cook because the smoke kept getting in my eyes.

There are newer reviews for Seoul Garden BBQ Buffet

Reviewed July 11, 2013

Seoul Garden was the first Korean BBQ restaurant I ever tried about 5 years ago. I have since been back numerous times to enjoy this "all you can eat" Korean buffet. It isn't much on atmosphere, but I have found the food to be consistently good. The marinated Kalbi beef is my personal favorite, along with the thin cut pork chops and jumbo shrimp. There is also a salad bar with a variety of choices including basic salmon sushi and California rolls. Dessert is soft serve chocolate and vanilla ice cream, jello and fresh fruit. The service is always good, but this restaurant could use a "facelift" as far as the decor is concerned. The owner or manager (I'm not sure which) is a pleasant older Asian lady who we call "MaMaSan". She laughs and smiles at our endearing nickname for her! This is by no means a "ritzy" place, but good for the price (all you can eat) and the food quality is tasty and acceptable. It is fun to choose and cook your own food on the built-in table barbecues.......A good place to go with friends or a small group. It's worth a go! : )

1  Thank MiasCoolMama
Reviewed January 8, 2013

I really like the Seoul Garden. I've been coming here probably since they opened the place. For the price they charge, they serve up a lot of good food and great value.

Dinner has more meat options than lunch of course, I don't recall seeing kalbi at lunch very often, but they have spicy pork, chicken and pork belly (bacon), marinated beef and chicken (Korean teriyaki sauce), pork chops, calamari, tripe and a few other items. Lots of sides of course, various kimchi, salads, sushi, gyoza, chicken wings, veggie tempura and more.

The staff is really great and helpful.

PS, my standards are just fine by the way.

1  Thank scottca075
Reviewed June 1, 2012

Dont know if all the 5 star reviews here are fake or just written by people with low standards. Yes, there was an enormous 2 inch cockroach crawling on the glass above the meat. The owner (old woman) saw us staring in disgust but she wins the award for gumption as she just shrugged and said its because doors open. Ok. So apparently this happens all the time. A better response would be to feign surprise followed by an apology? But i was willing to.overlook this if food was good. Sadly not the case.

Food quality mediocre and $20 range for weekend lunch and id expect better selection. Dingy dark old decor. Poor service. Go to Gen down the street.

1  Thank eltongore
Reviewed May 23, 2012

This Korean BBQ has been a staple for lunch with a group of friends. We meet every few months. Although the surroundings are unassuming, the restaurant itself is quite nice and the buffet selection are unique. The marinated pork chop is my particular favorite!

It is a bit expensive for lunch but it is all you can eat. Be sure and try the sushi too. They also offer self-serve fruit, jello and ice cream as dessert, as part of the buffet.

I just wish the shopping center owners would improve the location's curb appeal.

1  Thank Cynthia L