“Great for Special Events”
Review of Don Jose's

Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Glendale, California
“Great for Special Events”
Reviewed May 6, 2013

This last weekend we held a memorial lunch to honor my uncle's life in the events room at Don Jose's.

My family was rather nervous and emotional during the planning of the event and the staff at Don Jose's couldn't have been nicer or more accommodating. Specifically we worked with Patrick and Francisco during the planning stages and they were both fantastic.

We filled the entire back room to capacity and spilled over into the main dining room. The staff at Don Jose's kept the pitchers of margarita's coming and handled the food service with ease. We were a handful!

Looking back at it, I am glad that we decided to have the event at Don Jose's. We came close to book a room at Orange Hill, but Don Jose's was less formal and more relaxed. It was a party to celebrate a life, rather than something super serious and depressing. Ultimately, it was an event that my uncle would have loved to have attended.

Thank You Don Jose's!

Please visit my Blog for more reviews and musings.

• Visited May 2013

“Consistently Good Faire!”
Reviewed April 10, 2013

We find ourselves at Don Jose's very often when we are feeling like good Mexican food. The chips and salsa are the best and the chips are often still warm. I usually have the tostada which is my all-time favorite and my husband will often have the carnitas fajitas......ahhh, the warm tortillas. Oh, and the margaritas.......well, they're awfully good, too!

• Visited April 2013
Anaheim Hills, CA
“Better than average, but not the best”
Reviewed November 30, 2012

Had lunch here to celebrate a birthday.

The service was great, the atmosphere is very good, and the food was good. However, let's be clear. This is Southern California, and the standard for good Mexican food is very high. Don Jose's is good, but it is not the best. At little on the pricey side, but not outrageously expensive.

• Visited November 2012
Sacramento
“Consistently great!”
Reviewed November 12, 2012

I have had many meals over the years when I visit this area and I enjoy my meal every time. The service is always excellent, overall great place. This last visit I had become vegan and no longer could enjoy their excellent chili rellenos. Instead I had a salad, black beans, and lots of yummy salsa. My mom and I both had the skinny margarita which was fantastic! I recommend this place for 'american style' mexican food done right!

• Visited August 2012
1 Thank KOSacramento
Tustin, Calif
“Wonderful Mexican restaurant for "date night" or with family”
Reviewed May 28, 2012

We've been going to Don Jose's for over 15 years - ever since neighbors recommended it. We love their food and the service is often very good. (We've had a few less-than-great experiences, but that's very rare - and they fix the problem quickly.) If your taste is for Americanized-Mexican food (no negative meant here!), this is the place.

We love their tacos & enchiladas, steak & chicken fajitas, and a few other entrees we've tried. The kids have enjoyed the food from day one - which is always a hit for parents. The chips and salsa are excellent and never ending if you want. The Margaritas are excellent. And you often see the same waiters & waitresses & bus staff - which says a lot about the quality of the staffing and management.

The seating is very comfortable - mainly booths, but some tables in one section and for larger crowds. The atmosphere is enjoyable. We often see friends, neighbors, and teachers from our kid's schools.

• Visited May 2012