“Wonderful!!!”

Christakis Greek Cuisine
Reserve with OpenTable
Christakis Greek Cuisine is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #11 of 287 Restaurants in Tustin
Cuisines: Mediterranean, Greek
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: Newport / Irvine
Description: On April 1, 1996, Yanoula Christakis Wallace opened the doors of Christakis, a restaurant that represented her homeland and the passion she felt towards her culture. Whether you are looking for a quick lunch or celebrating a special event, Christakis Greek Cuisine is the place to enjoy traditional Greek dishes at a reasonable price. Since 1996, we’ve used only the finest and freshest ingredients to create traditional Greek cuisine. Today, the family at Christakis continues to bring the authentic spirit and warmth of Greece to Orange County.
Phoenix, AZ
“Wonderful!!!”
Reviewed May 29, 2013

My daughter and her boyfriend took us to their favorite Greek restaurant in Tustin and wow, what a great find! To begin, the atmosphere of the restaurant is lovely (we sat out on the patio) and the service is attentive, knowledgeable and friendly. We started our dinner with the hummus (yummy) and pita and the Avgolemeno Soup ( the best I've ever had). For our entrees we chose the Lamb Souvlaki, Mousaka, Rack of Lamb and the Roasted Chicken special. Everything was cooked just as requested and perfectly seasoned. Portions were ample, but not overdone. All in all, it was a fantastic evening and I look forward to our next visit.

• Visited May 2013

California
“Wonderful Traditional Greek Cuisine”
Reviewed March 30, 2013

Located in a small shopping, you get the impression Christakis is just another place for quick meal. It is far from that. They serve excellent, home cooking style, authentic Greek food. Starting with the Villager salad, which is a real Greek salad – it does not have lettuce like the American version of Greek salad. The stuffed vegetables are something else. They are not on the regular menu and every time I come here I hope it is one of the specials of the day. Even if they are not on the menu that day, you can’t go wrong with any of the dishes.

Christakis is family owned and the family members provide friendly service and let you feel you are part of the family. They have live music on the weekends and the décor in the cozy dining room is very nice. Highly recommended.

• Visited March 2013
Tustin, California
“Good Greek food in a wonderful atmosphere”
Reviewed March 1, 2013

We love Greek food and this restaurant reminded us very much of one we ate in, in Athens, Greece. It is small and quiet, and we were there on a Friday night and there was live music, appropriate for dining. We had appetizers and entrees and all enjoyed the food, which is authentic Greek. We didn't have room for dessert, but we'll be returning and dining there again.

• Visited February 2013
Tustin CA
“Our "Secret" favorite Greek Place”
Reviewed January 23, 2013

Especially friendly, with a small dining room (perhaps a dozen tables), this place is always special for us. No matter what we select, the dinners come from the kitchen pretty quickly and are always delicious. We have never "had room" for their deserts, as an appetizer and main course are always a bit more than satisfying! Their coffees are strong and great too. The staff is always interactive and friendly, except when the place is full of guests. Then they are maxed out to keep service nice and have little time to chat.
As a treat, we call ahead to see when there's a live performer. We have heard a couple of delightful guitarists and seen one "beginner" belly dancer (we called her a "family style" dancer, as you might see if a family member got up to dance at dinner).
Ask to be seated away from the performer if you want to talk during dinner, as the tables near the speakers are pretty loud.
They have a nice mailing list and offer a couple special events like wine tasting each year. Do get on it if you are nearby.

• Visited December 2012
Trabuco Canyon, California
“Tucked Away Is A Hidden Delight”
Reviewed January 1, 2013

Not a frequent diner with Greek food, I found myself looking forward to a dinner party that I was invited to with around 12 others. Upon arriving, I was meet at the door and immediately seated with all the grace and friendliness as if I were coming home after a long trip. My hosts informed me that this restaurant was staffed by the the family that created it and all had a deep desire to make it a place of friendship and great food.

The staff was very attentive, always there to fill our glasses and brought out a stream of appetizers that were so so good. I had to control myself so that I would have room for the main meal.

For diner, I ordered the CHRISTAKIS COMBO with two lamb chops- AWSOME! and Pastitsio & a Dolma (don't ask me what they are, but I can say they were delicious). Very, very good meal.

Then the deserts........well, just let me say that at the very least get one and split it with your other. One was some kind of pie that melted in your mouth, can not even attempt to give you the correct name, something like Balculave....what erver.

Bottom line, the place is very clean, staff very attentive and I left there with the knowing that I will be bringing my friends back to discover.

This place is definitely somewhere to check out. Good for couples and families. Lunch and dinner. Wine and beer no hard stuff

• Visited December 2012