“Good location, Well maintained”

Fairfield Inn & Suites Tustin Orange County
Ranked #1 of 7 Hotels in Tustin
Hallandale Beach, Florida, United States
“Good location, Well maintained”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 16, 2014

This is a rather new property and they are really keeping it up. Great location for in and out and access to the area without any freeway travel required for most places I needed to go. Rooms were perfect and the meeting area was perfect for morning breakfast and other activities during the day.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Karen L, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Tustin Orange County, responded to this review, February 18, 2014
Thank you for staying with us and posting your comments! I am glad you found our location easily accessible and central to where you needed to be. We look forward to seeing you again soon!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
  • Arabic first
Idaho Falls, Idaho
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 5, 2014

I'm what you would consider a "hotel snob". This hotel met all my high expectations. The bathroom was clean and grout in shower was clean and taken care of. The location was great considering we were traveling between Anaheim, San Diego and LA. Breakfast was good and had a large variety of foods. However, like other reviews it would be nice to switch up the menu items. Staff was great and helpful. I would suggest staff have access to the milk in the breakfast area... Or offer it in your market. Loved our stay at Fairfield Inn Tustin.

• Stayed January 2014
Karen L, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Tustin Orange County, responded to this review, February 7, 2014
Wow - thank you for the wonderful review! Happy that you loved the hotel and location. We also appreciate your feedback on the food offerings, and we will add milk to The Market as an option. Thanks again for staying with us and we hope to welcome you back soon!
Marina Del Rey, CA
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 17, 2014

I am looking for a "home away from home" where I can stay with my daughter near Tustin, a few nights every other week during the school year. I was hoping this or the Residence Inn next door might be it.

Unfortunately, I waited until the last minute to book and found the rates to be higher than when I was originally looking at the hotel.

We arrived just after 3pm, which is the check in time listed, and our room was not ready. The young man at the front desk was very apologetic and tried to get housekeeping to have a room ready ASAP. It took approximately a half hour before we had a room.

When we did get our room, there were no washclothes.

The breakfast area was very nice with lots of options.

I will probably check out some of the other local properties, even though they are a little farther, before returning.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
Karen L, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Tustin Orange County, responded to this review, January 20, 2014
Thank you for staying with us and sharing your comments. My apologies for the delay with your check-in. I know your time is valuable and waiting for a room can be a frustrating experience. I was happy you enjoyed the breakfast and I hope we can see you again soon. Thanks again for choosing Fairfield Inn and Suites in Tustin!
Lynnwood
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 3, 2014

The hotel is clean. The breakfast was good, it did get old after eating the same thing for 6 days! Customer service is where they need help! We had 4 registered guests in our room. They would only leave us 3 towels daily. We would call and they would tell us we would have to come down for more towels. Shouldn't they deliver them to their guests? One day housekeeping skipped our room. Person at the front desk pretty much said it was our fault. I'm not sure how it was my fault when I was gone all day. When we called down we were told we could come down for towels but there wasn't anything he could do about it. When we went to get the towels he would only give us 3. I asked for one more since there was 4 of us and was refused one. He told me he was only allowed to give out 3 towels a day. He didn't care that someone wouldn't have a towel or we would have to share one. I asked to speak to the manger and was told they work business hours. So I took a pool towel so we could shower and spoke to a manger in the morning. He apologized and said he would look at our bill and see what he could do for us for the inconvenience. He did nothing!! I have stayed at many Marriott properties and have never had an issue with everyone getting a towel! I will think twice before I stay at another Marriott again.

• Stayed December 2013
Karen L, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Tustin Orange County, responded to this review, January 10, 2014
Thank you for sharing your comments regarding your recent stay with us. My sincere apologies for the issues you experienced with the towels. Oscar Garcia, our Assistant General Manager, was the manager you originally spoke with and will be sending you a follow up email regarding this matter. Again, thank you for staying with us and we hope you will give us another try on your next trip to Tustin.
Oakley, CA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 3, 2014

My family of 4 stayed here for 5 nights. The desk staff were all very friendly. Rooms were spacious and beds were nice and soft. We had two queen beds. There is a small snack area by the front desk where you can purchase snacks 24 hours. Enjoyed the breakfast in the morning in a large eating area. There were several options including scrambled eggs, sausage, bagels, muffins, oatmeal, fruit, yogurt, juice and coffee. My only suggestion would be that you add a little more variety to the main breakfast items. Staying here 5 nights...the eggs and sausage can get old. Hotel was quiet. One complaint I had was every night I had to go down to the front desk and ask for a 4th towel for our room. Housekeeping would only leave three. Each time I would ask if they could notify housekeeping and was told an email was being sent. Maybe letting the housekeeper know how many people are in the room would help to eliminate this issue. Other than that, enjoyed the hotel and the location was perfect, out of the main areas of town. There is a Starbucks next door, a Subway and also a burger place opening soon. Would definately stay here again when in the area.

Room Tip: My room on the North Side could hear freeway traffic at night.
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for staying with us for 5 nights and sharing comments about your experience! My apologies for the missing 4th towel - I will share your feedback with the front desk and housekeeping. I'm delighted you enjoyed our location - The Flame Broiler just opened this week (next to Subway), so be sure and check it out. Thanks again and hope to see you again soon!
Orlando, Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 31, 2013

Stayed here for 5 nights. It opened several months ago so everything was new and clean.
We had the two bed Suite which was nice in that it had a seating area with a sofa and two TV's. There was also a work desk and a small partial divider wall.
The breakfast was very good with Oatmeal, Scrambled Eggs, Sausage, Yogurt, Milk/Juices, Cereals, various breads, either Cantelope or Bananas. The only complaint I have is that they never change things up with the breakfast. It is virtually the same thing day after day.
The other issue I saw here was that they NEVER vacuum the hallways or stairways. There was the same clump of dirt on the stairway the whole five days I stayed there. If you look closely at the hallway carpets, there is tiny pieces of lint/dirt/garbage all over. The management at this hotel needs to delegate someone to the task of vacuuming as needed.
Other than that, no complaints. A very nice hotel with rooms that are VERY soundproof. I barely could hear freeway traffic even though it was right behind the hotel. You cannot hear guests in the room next to yours or in the hallways.
There is also a starbucks and subway across the parking lot and will soon be a flame broiler opening.
All in all, I would definately stay here again the next time I am in the area.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Karen L, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Tustin Orange County, responded to this review, January 2, 2014
Thank you for staying with us and sharing your comments! I am happy to hear you enjoyed our breakfast and your 2-bed suite. My apologies for the issue with the hallway carpet, and I will pass along your feedback to housekeeping. Thanks again for choosing Fairfield Inn & Suites Tustin, and we hope to welcome you back soon!
Murrieta, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 26, 2013

I wish we'd had more time at this brand new property. We didn't get to the property until about 9 pm. The service was friendly and efficient. My husband had a business meeting in Tustin early the next morning, so the location was ideal. It was situated next to the off-ramp and the highway, but the room was pretty quiet -- just a low hum.

Some Fairfields are pretty dumpy and are on par with a Motel 6 -- not so with these new-styled Fairfields. Everything looked modern and had ample space for working (desk, computer hook ups, microwave, small frig).

The breakast was heartier than I remember most Fairfield's -- there was eggs and meat (along with the typical yogurt, cereals, breads, etc.).

We'll be back.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Lepha
Karen L, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Tustin Orange County, responded to this review, December 2, 2013
We wish you had more time at our hotel, also! Thank you for the wonderful review and the comments regarding the modern design and amenities. We look forward to welcoming you back soon, and for a longer stay!
Also consider these accommodations in or near Tustin
Residence Inn Tustin Orange County
Holiday Inn Santa Ana-Orange County Airport
Hampton Inn & Suites Santa Ana/Orange County Airport
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Santa Ana - Orange County Airport
Hilton Garden Inn Irvine / Orange County Airport
BEST WESTERN PLUS Orange County Airport North

Been to Fairfield Inn & Suites Tustin Orange County? Share your experiences!