All reviewsflame broilerfire pitfull kitchensubway sandwich shopfront deskelectric stovethe breakfast areabedroom suiteorange countyparking lotlong term staywithin driving distancejohn wayne airportyogurtfed exfreeway sidebusy freeway
Reviewed May 8, 2018 via mobile

I have found Residence Inns to be almost always reliable. Spacious and clean rooms, competent and friendly staff, full breakfast. The Tustin RI is no exception.

This one has a couple of very minor shortcomings. The workout area, while spacious, clean, and well stocked with towels and water, is a little short on equipment (only one upright spin bike, two treadmills). On the other hand, when I used it I was always able to get the machine I wanted.

The location is quite noisy , near a freeway and busy street, but that's true almost anywhere in the LA area. The good news is that the building is quite effectively soundproofed, so I had no problem with noise.

Two definite pluses were the shower (great pressure) and A/C (efficient and easy to use).

Overall I definitely recommend it.

Stayed: May 2018, traveled solo
Reviewed March 19, 2018 via mobile

The Residence Inn brand is hard to beat and this particular one is very nice.
Residence Inn has well equipped kitchens allowing to make meals in if you desire and at least store your cold and frozen stuff even if you don’t cook in.
The rooms are spacious enough and the facilities here are newer and clean.
The bed is the typical Marriott bedding allowing a comfortable nights rest.
One of the two elevators was out which made for some long waits but that happens at times.

Stayed: March 2018, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 2, 2018

I love the Residence Inn brand. It is perfect for a one, two nigh stay or week. This RI in Tustin is centrally located by the freeways, shopping, and restaurants. It even has a Subway, Starbucks, and FedEx just steps away. This is extremely convenience. My husband and I stayed for 4 nights with our 20 lb dog and we were comfortable throughout our stay.

The Hotel: clean, new RI concept decor, plenty of chairs for seating in the breakfast area.
The Suite: SPACIOUS and clean. The restroom was amazing with added drawers and everything you need for an extended stay.
The Breakfast: Staff was great and prompt. Breakfast was plentiful. Only note, there were inconsistentes with uniforms and I was confused who worked in what department.
The Evening Hour: This leaves a little to be desired. At other RI's I've seen a better activation with the space (i.e. candles, lighting, music) and a better display with their hors d' oeuvres.

New overnight front desk agent was great and made us feel welcome after a 15 hour drive from Oregon.

Stayed: February 2018, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Jennifer C
Reviewed February 4, 2018

We stayed at this property for 21 days while waiting to close on our new home which felt like an eternity!! Fortunately the hotel was a comfortable location to wait out that process. We stayed in a two bedroom suite during our time there. It had a full kitchen with an electric stove, full size fridge and small dishwasher. Two bathrooms and both were good sized. There was a king bed in one room and a queen in the other. The king bed was fairly comfortable but unfortunately the queen my daughter had was rock hard.
There was typical breakfast served every morning and the gal who worked in the breakfast area was very nice. They did have evening socials and I stopped in maybe twice during the stay for those. They also have a nice gym which was pretty good sized. Laundry facilities too which were pretty expensive compared to the previous Residence Inn we stayed at and several of the machines were out of order during our stay. It can get pretty busy in the evening so I'd recommend doing laundry during the day if you can.
The staff overall was very pleasant and helpful. It was also nice to have the little store area. We unfortunately got a little stomach bug or something while we were there and being able to get some drinks and meds on the fly without having to leave the building was great.
The hotel is in a really convenient location to all of Orange county. We made a couple of trips to Disney. It's a little bit of a drive to a grocery store if you want to stock your kitchen. Bonus though it is right next to a Starbucks, Subway and Flame Broiler so on the nights you don't want to cook, it's a short walk to grab something.
I would recommend this property to anyone needing an extended stay in the Orange county area. It is just down the road from the John Wayne Airport and many other locations in the OC.

• Stayed: January 2018, traveled with family
Reviewed January 22, 2018

I stayed here with my friend for 3 nights. I’m at Silver level of Marriott reward but didn’t expect anything special.
Check in was smooth. Facility was quite new and kept cleanly. Our room was facing to Freeway so there was a road noise even with double pan window. I didn’t bother us but I’ve heard someone was complaining about it at the front desk… So for light sleepers, non-freeway side is recommended.

Employees seemed to be trained very well, and we enjoyed dealing with them. Free breakfast was better than other similar hotels I’ve stayed.
This location seemed to be attracting family because of Disneyland. I’ve talked to a bunch of folks at the breakfast and they mostly said they were going to Disneyland.

Our biggest problem was the extra bed which was the sofa bed. It was spring coil type old beaten up mattress which was less than 2” and I could feel springs. So, I requested front desk for a replacement mattress but they didn’t have any.

This is more like a management side of problem. Since there was no solution, I slept on a couch for the first night, but it wasn’t comfortable.
So, we went to buy the memory foam foldable mattress which was much more comfortable.
For auto trip, I may start carrying my own mattress in case one at the hotel fails.

Room Tip: If you need to use sofa bed, be prepared!
  • Stayed: June 2017, traveled with friends
Chris B, Manager at Residence Inn by Marriott Tustin Orange County, responded to this reviewResponded January 23, 2018

NorCalSFO,

Thank you for the feedback on the sofa bed mattress, we are checking the issue right now. I appreciate the positive feedback on the staff and hotel overall. Please feel free to contact me with any other concerns regarding this or any future stays.

Chris Bourquardez