“Wonderful Hotel!”

Residence Inn Tustin Orange County
Ranked #2 of 7 Hotels in Tustin
Reviewed March 4, 2014

This residence inn is absolutely fantastic. I booked a studio for my family and I for a disneyland trip. And the room was spacious, right size kitchen. It does not have a full oven (just for those who need one) but it has and electric stove top with 2 burners for light cooking. The room was fresh, clean wonderful for the value. The bed was comfy and I admire they have vent air conditioning and heating. The TV was a great size. My favorite had to be the bathroom. The vanity is so beautiful. It has a moderb fresh taste look. No tub but it has spacious stand in shower. Breakfast was good. Had plenty of options. Red skin potatos, eggs, hash, plus soo much more. Very filling. The staff were very friendly and helpful. Over all my stay was excellent!! Slept perfectly the only issue for some is its next to a freeway so there aren't very many things near by such as market and food choices. Just a flame broiler and subway. I hope more buisnesses expand :) but this hotel is great!! Highly reccomend it for buisness, or pleasure. Great job residence inn! This is my favorite brand of marriott.

• Stayed: March 2014
Karen L, General Manager at Residence Inn Tustin Orange County, responded to this reviewResponded March 10, 2014

Thank you for choosing our hotel and naming Residence Inn as your favorite brand within Marriott! I was also happy that you loved the guestroom bathroom...that is also my favorite part of the room! Thanks again for staying and we look forward to welcoming you back soon!

Reviewed February 27, 2014

This hotel looks great! The lobby is very attractive and the room was modern and well appointed. We stayed in a one-bedroom suite, a little larger than their studios. The bathroom had a surprising amount of storage and the shower was very large. The kitchen was well-equipped. The breakfast was well-stocked, tasted good, with a lot of variety. I was treated very well by the staff who were quick to acknowledge my status w/ Marriott (hey, not too many Marriott properties do this - after a lot of years of loyalty, it's a big deal for me). I would definitely stay there again in a warmer season to enjoy their pool. It is located right on the freeway so there's some noise - can't be helped, it's an extremely busy freeway.

Room Tip: If at all possible, do not get a room facing the freeway! However, there will be some noise even aw...
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank Cliff J
Karen L, General Manager at Residence Inn Tustin Orange County, responded to this reviewResponded March 2, 2014

Many thanks for staying with us and sharing your comments! We appreciate your continued loyalty to Marriott, and I am delighted you were recoginzed for this during your stay. We look forward to welcoming you back soon so you can enjoy our outdoor experience!

Reviewed February 22, 2014

Beautiful property that makes you want to just hang around. Nice pool/hot tub, gorgeous seating area with a glass fire outside as well as BBQ grills, and an elegant lobby.

The breakfast was elevated by the offering of eggs, sausage and potatoes along with your usual suspects (yogurt, fruit, cereal, waffles, bagels, toast, english muffins and pastries). Their waffle bar was elevated by the extra toppings offered (whip cream, strawberry sauce, chocolate chips and caramel sauce). The staff kept the food well stocked and there was ample seating.

The wi-fi was free and worked excellent. The rooms were superb. Clean, comfortable, roomy and state of the art. The desk had a power strip on it (no moving furniture or crawling around for plug ins). TV had 50 or so channels. The small kitchen with a bar to eat, full sized fridge, 2 burner stove top and a convection/microwave oven was awesome. It was fully stocked with pots, pans, dishes, silverware, dish soap, dish towels and paper towels. The bathroom was roomy with shelves for your stuff and the shower was huge. The towels were super soft. It had a lit mirror which is awesome for doing makeup. The AC was quiet and effective with an electronic thermostat. The beds were comfy as were the pillows.

Close to Disney (10 mins sans traffic), Starbucks in the parking lot, and it's just a few miles from "The District" with shopping and lots of restaurants. It's also very convenient to I-5.

The staff was super friendly and accommodating. I can't wait to stay again!

Room Tip: The freeway was a little loud, though it didn't hinder our sleep. You might ask for a room on t...
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled with family
Karen L, General Manager at Residence Inn Tustin Orange County, responded to this reviewResponded February 24, 2014

Wow! Thank you so much for staying with us and taking the time to write such a terrific review! It sounds like you really enjoyed everything the hotel had to offer, as well as the surrounding area. Thanks again, and hopefully we get to see you again soon!

Reviewed February 3, 2014 via mobile

I spent three night here and the hotel was great. The place is very new and the hotel staff was great. Just about every night there was a manager reception which were basically a meal. Highly recommend for a family visit to the area.

Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business
Karen L, General Manager at Residence Inn Tustin Orange County, responded to this reviewResponded February 5, 2014

Thank you for staying with us and sharing your comments! I am happy to hear you enjoyed our evening reception - we have also started Karaoke every other Wednesday, so hopefully you can join us for that! We look forward to welcoming you back soon!

Reviewed January 31, 2014 via mobile

Reached at midnight hotel after long drive. Confused with entrance and parked at back. Went in with someone who stay in hotel.
Staff asked me how to get in instead greeting. I realized that i entered back door then. System down. waited for 15min and staff called me and checked in very dry mood. Maybe i was too tired and made make a mistake to enter improper door. But, marriott never treated me this way.

Stayed: February 2014
Karen L, General Manager at Residence Inn Tustin Orange County, responded to this reviewResponded February 3, 2014

Thank you for staying with us and sharing your comments about your stay. My sincere apologies for the lack of service you received upon check-in. We will definitely review this with the front desk and ensure our committment to service is demonstrated at all times. Again, I apologize, and I hope we can welcome you back soon.

Reviewed January 30, 2014

My wife and I had a four night stay here and was pleasantly surprised with our experience. Being that the hotel is practically new (not even on Google street view yet!) it was beautiful and even smelled new! The staff for the most part was very friendly and helpful with the exception of one particular front desk clerk who seemed uninterested in her job, other than that it was a great overall experience.
The rooms were very modern with all the amenities of home and then some. The breakfast was served in the lobby every morning and was fresh and well stocked all the time. There was so much that we didn't check out in the hotel (like the hot tub, pool, outdoor firepit, etc...) but just the experience and central location will bring us back again.
Being I do a lot of driving while I'm in California, the convenience of being literally seconds from the 55 freeway onramp and in between both the 5 and 405 freeways is an awesome plus.
This is a good one...

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple

Thank you for staying with us and being pleasantly surprised! The hotel has been open since August 1, 2013, and we have been working with Google Maps to ensure an accurate listing. We hope you can make it back soon, and experience more of what the hotel has to offer. We appreciate your business and look forward to seeing you again!

Reviewed January 20, 2014

The three of were very comfortable and enjoyed our stay in Tustin. We visited Disneyland, had an enjoyable experience while having Italian ice at a very busy establishment right down the street from Disneyland! Shopping mecca in Tustin for any budget is a real thrill, when seeking that bargain of the season!! The hotel was clean, decent offerings for breakfast and the room was great. Though we were there for two nights, it was a very nice experience!!!

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family
Karen L, General Manager at Residence Inn Tustin Orange County, responded to this reviewResponded January 22, 2014

Oh my! Sounds like you had an amazing visit to Southern California - I will have to check out Joe's Italian Ice! Thank you for the wonderful review. We look forward to welcoming you back soon, and hopefully you get to stay for more than 2 nights!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Tustin
Fairfield Inn & Suites Tustin Orange County
Embassy Suites by Hilton Santa Ana Orange County Airport
Homewood Suites by Hilton Irvine John Wayne Airport
SpringHill Suites Irvine John Wayne Airport/Orange County
3 mi away
Residence Inn Irvine John Wayne Airport/Orange County
Candlewood Suites Orange County/Airport

Been to Residence Inn Tustin Orange County? Share your experiences!