“Trying to like it”

Cuisines: Barbecue
So Cal
“Trying to like it”
Reviewed April 4, 2013

We are locals and like to suport the newer businesses coming in. First this was Beach Pit BBQ now it has changed names. I liked a lot of things on the menu and then when we come back in, some of the things are gone. I think they are having growing pains. Also, last time we went I went to use the men's room and it was a real mess. They always say the cleanliness of the bathroom is an indicator of how clean they keep the overall place. i would like to recommend some of the good things I have had, but they took them off the menu to be replaced by other things..

• Visited April 2013

La Habra, California
“Wonderful, except for the stench”
Reviewed March 1, 2013

First off, the horrible odors were no fault of the Roadhouse; repeated failure of the City Council to fix a sewer problem.

On to the positive: wife and I had the Smokehouse Cobb Salad, and glad we did. Some places decorate a plate of lettuce with a few bits of this and that and pass it off as a Cobb Salad. Not here, thankfully.

REALLY generous slabs of smoked turkey, lots of smoked bacon crumbles, lots of boiled egg, diced avocado and crumbled bleu cheese, and some sliced red onion, with a red wine vinaigrette. And truly generous portions.

We were with a group of about 20, and everybody raved about their food.

Our server took the orders quickly, brought the food quickly, refilled the iced tea glasses, and made the whole dining experience great.

Except for the smells; you listening, City Hall?

• Visited February 2013
Irvine, California
“Not bad”
Reviewed February 18, 2013

Overall, I would go back. It was a little pricey but the food was decent. Service wasn't the best since you had to put your order in at the counter and then find a seat. Cashier was nice and pleasant - even though they were short handed. It was a little confusing because you walked in the door and then someone points you the other side of the room to order at the counter. We ordered a 'side' of fries but didn't really know how much it costs and it did not show a price on the menu board. You really dont even know how much a coke was either since it wasn't listed. Seems a good place for groups or families. Parking was horrible. Small parking lot for about 10 cars or less - which was full - you have to find parking on the street. Luckily it was a Sunday so there was parking. I think more difficult if the place was packed.

• Visited February 2013
Corona, California
“Do NOT miss the street corn”
Reviewed February 4, 2013

I saw this on Groupon and we decided to try them out. This used to be Beach Pit BBQ and some of their things around the restaurant still says that. First I could not give them a 5 because where we sat was next to the bar and was a bit too noisy for my taste. It also seems that they are still working out the service but the food was excellent. We had the street corn and it was amazing. I ordered the skirt steak and it was delicious. My wife had the Brisket and really liked it. The beans were very good but the coleslaw was too vinegary for me. Overall not a great place yet but they have potential and we will go back.

• Visited January 2013