“VERY RUDE STAFF, loud rooms, prostitution & drugs abound here!”
1 of 5 bubbles Review of Key Inn

Key Inn
Ranked #4 of 7 Hotels in Tustin
USA
“VERY RUDE STAFF, loud rooms, prostitution & drugs abound here!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 9, 2010

This motel is sheer hell on wheels. Starting with the staff of very rude & condescending women. The night clerk is a nightmare to deal with. She tossed my credit card down the counter & it fell on the floor: she snickered like an evil witch and did not apologize. The morning clerks weren't any better. I complained about the prostitution & partying going on upstairs and was told if I didn't like it I could leave---after having paid for a full week and they denied refunds. When I called the night clerk about the same prostitute upstairs, night clerk hung up on me. It's cheap but it's really not worth it. Parties & drug deals between rooms every night. Then there's the TV's that hit you from every direction: after 11pm & until 4:00am TV's start blaring from all directions & the walls are thin as paper. DON'T EXPECT TO GET ANY SLEEP HERE! The staff looks like escapees from a mental institution. Their attitude is much worse than I can begin to explain. If the partying made my stay hell, the clerks were the straw on the camel's back. I do not recommend this to anyone; I might send my worst enemy and my mother in law here, that's about it. If you're a drug dealer or a prostitute then this is the place for you.

• Stayed January 2010, traveled on business
7 Thank BernEGaunt

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Boston
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 11, 2010

Located right off the highway makes the Key Inn really accessible to both L.A., San Diego and Anaheim (Disney Land!!) However this means you can hear the traffic all night. The staff were ok, not fantastic but were quick and efficient. There was a pool but it was too cold to use it. However it did look clean and well cared for.
Best thing- Right next to Dennys!
Worst thing- The beds were SO small!

• Stayed February 2010, traveled with friends
4 Thank bostonenglish
Silverdale, Washington
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 8, 2009

We stayed one night at this hotel based on the trip advisor rating and we were rather surprised with the number one rating, boy were we surprised!
Although the room was rather dated, it was clean; although the clean sheet did have stains. The room was bare of any of the normal amenities that one would expect, like a clock, a hair dryer, a coffee pot or an ice bucket. The neighborhood did cause me some concern that our truck would still be there in the morning--it was.
Now on the plus side, the desk ladies were very friendly and accommodating. The hotel is right next door to a Denny's making breakfast easy. There is also a very pretty garden area between the buildings. And, most importantly was the price, we paid $49 for the night, so, how much more can you expect from a hotel in the Los Angles area?
And, hair dryers are available, my wife went to the front desk to borrow one for a $5 deposit. .
All in all, you get what you pay for; the room was clean.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled as a couple
3 Thank thesmerccs

Travelers are raving about these Tustin hotels

sd
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 30, 2009

Loved the hotel very nice workers. Very clean I would recommend this to anyone going solo or with family.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled on business
2 Thank selma21
Tustin
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 21, 2009

Upon my recent return to Tustin, I needed affordable extended stay housing for my son and I. Reluctantly, I checked in to the Key Inn. I say reluctantly because as a 40+ year resident of Tustin, the Key Inn did not have the best reputation in years past. however, I am confident and comfortable in saying that this bad reputation can now be put to rest.

While the Key Inn is known for low budget lodging, I have experienced a high level of quality, friendly and present customer service from the staff at the front desk, maintenance, housekeeping and the GM himself.

My room is cleaned and stocked daily with fresh linens, towels, soaps, shampoos, lotions etc...The grounds are well kept and well lit at night. The guests come from all over and for many reasons and all those I have met are friendly and courteous.

I am particularly satisfied with the location of my room located in the courtyard which allows me to sit right outside my room and work on my lap top thanks to the free Wifi Service, or read, write, eat and even watch my TV. The freeway noise is there however once I close my door, I cannot hear it at all.

As an extended stay visitor, having access to a mini fridge and microwave has made it all the more convenient and comfortable however, there are plenty of restaurants, stores and every other type of business within minutes on foot. You name it, you need it, it's all right here.

Other than filling out the occasional comment card at a restaurant or bank, I have never written a review good or bad. As a proud native Tustin Tiller, I feel the Key Inn deserves to be recognized and congratulated for their outstanding efforts and success in restoring and redeeming this hometown landmark's good reputation.

Thank you Mr. Robles and all the Key Inn staff for making our stay here so much more comfortable and nicer than anticipated!!!

• Stayed September 2009, traveled on business
2 Thank ItalyTustin
Tustin, Ca.
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 19, 2009

OK The meids, the manager, at the chekin, wow, just frendly people, they make just the grate dial, the rooms are clean, The service in general is amasing, Just the comfortable, place to spend, your vacations, Just next to everything, frwy, shopping centers, just nameit, and is very close. 2 pools very clean,

• Stayed September 2009, traveled with family
2 Thank anielu44
California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 1, 2009

I have stayed at the Key Inn and Suites many times over the past nine months, and have always had a clean, comfortable room and bed, great service from the staff including management and line employees, and awesome television reception and well-functioning air conditioning/heating. This latest stay is no exception.

In these tough times, it is good to be able to stay on an extended trip and save. The hotel gives a fourth night free with three nights' paid stay. For the cost of a lower-end motel, you get the comfort and convenience of a two-and-a-half star. Some rooms have a microwave and refrigerator, good for the business or family traveler who wants to economize. If you need to be in the center of Orange County, CA, with all of its attractions and business opportunities, Key Inn and Suites in Tustin is the place to stay.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled on business
1 Thank mollifide
AR_KEYINN, General Manager at Key Inn, responded to this review, September 15, 2009
Thank you very much for your comment.
The Key Inn Team is working harder every day on all the different aspects of the property to make your stay more comfortable. We appreciate your continue support.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Tustin
Fairfield Inn & Suites Tustin Orange County
Residence Inn Tustin Orange County
Holiday Inn Santa Ana-Orange County Airport
La Quinta Inn & Suites Orange County - Santa Ana
Country Inn and Suites - John Wayne Airport
La Quinta Inn & Suites Irvine Spectrum

Been to Key Inn? Share your experiences!