“Comfort Food -- that's all you need to know!”
Review of Nana Jeans - CLOSED

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Nana Jeans
Cuisines: American
Orange County CA
“Comfort Food -- that's all you need to know!”
Reviewed August 8, 2011

Visited Nana Jean's for the first time yesterday and wow -- they take comfort food to a whole new level! Everything on the menu sounded delicious, so we got several things to share with the group.

I love mac & cheese...and Nana Jean's spicy chili mac & cheese "starter" (big enough to be a main course!) is so delicious that I could seriously eat it every day! They said they can make mac & cheese pretty much any way you want it -- spicy or not spicy, with veggies, with bacon, etc. I might have to visit weekly until I try them all!

We also had the short rib grilled cheese (excellent) and the roast beef grilled cheese (also good). With the sides and salads, I was stuffed, and we took home a pile of food.

Staff was super friendly. Nice place, very clean and cute, with a large patio area.

Definitely going back to Nana Jean's!!

• Visited August 2011

Brea, CA
“Great Find in Old Towne Tustin”
Reviewed August 6, 2011

I am writing this review after my 2nd visit to NanaJeans in Tustin. The 1st time I had their Roast Beef sandwich which says on the menu it is the best and it is. I also had their noodle kugel which was even better than my Jewish Mother made and I told the owner that. Then upon my 2nd visit I had their Matzoh Ball soup and chicken salad sandwich - again the soup was wonderful. Both times I shared their bread pudding with friends and both times the bread pudding was outstanding, that is something to definitely order. Also their Sangrias are great. The menu is limited but so far it is one of my favorite places.

• Visited August 2011
Prescott, Arizona
“Hidden Gem”
Reviewed July 25, 2011

Recently found a great little resturant in Tustin called Nana Jean's. The food was very good, prices are reasonable and nice wine selection. No gimmicks just great food and service in Old Town Tustin.

• Visited July 2011
atb2
“Excellent value and food”
Reviewed April 27, 2011

We go out to dinner a couple of times a week and although we try to seek out new places, we are mostly stuck on a few places within a few miles of our home at the beach (like many people we know who have lived in beach communities for years.) Saw a great review on this place and thought, "hey lets drive a few miles further and see what is happening in Old Town Tustin." First of all Old Town area of Tustin has nice atmosphere for So Cal.

Now then "comfort food" to me conjures up cozy nights in front of the fireplace on a cool rainy day. Warmish Spring night did not fit for me but heck it had a great review in local paper.

The menu is limited but well balanced. Fresh fish, short ribs, meatloaf, mac 'n cheese, gravlox and a reasonably priced wine list. I would rather have a few things to choose from and have them done well. My wife had the roast beef sandwich with cheddar and mac 'n cheese side. She thought it was all great. I tried her mac 'n cheese (although I am not a big fan of mac 'n cheese) and thought it was better than average but not up to the all time standard of the lobster mac 'n cheese at Casa Camino in Laguna (maybe the best anywhere, IMHO.) I had the meatloaf sandwich with kugle (sp?) Kugle (sp?) was great. Moist and not overly sweet. Had the grilled onions on the side.

Service: Excellent
Food: 4.5 / 5 stars (We would go back)
Hospitality: Excellent
Cleanliness: Excellent
Pricing: Excellent value for money
Wine list: Better than average for this type of restaurant and price point

They told us they are going to be opening for breakfast in next couple of weeks. We made some suggestions for food (just in case they wanted our two cents.)

Saw a prior reviewer got the meatloaf sandwich (as I did.) They mentioned overly ketchup'd. Must have got that straightened out in between. Not an issue with what I got and I don't like ketchup so I would likely have noticed. Tasted more like a light barbecue flavored sauce but definitely not over done.

• Visited April 2011