“Nice Restaurant, Overrated”

Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Jamboree Blvd / Barranca
Transit: Jamboree Blvd. at Barranca Pkwy
Reviewed September 27, 2011

We chose this restaurant in the Irvine area as we were out of town and looking for a good seafood restaurant with our newly married son and family members. It was a Sunday night, so the crowd was very light. We were seated quickly but our waitress seemed in a hurry and didn't spend much time with us. The prices were pretty high, and so accordingly were our expectations.

I had a scallop and shrimp skewer combination with a side of Greek orzo and seasonal vegetables. On the two skewers there were a total of three shrimp average size, and three decent-sized scallops. They were tasty enough, but it was an inadequate amount for the $18.95 price. My wife gave the clam chowder a thumbs-up, as did my son to the cedar-planked Atlantic salmon, but for $25, it should have been wild. Another of our party ordered the New York steak, coming in at 14oz. She ordered it medium rare, and when it arrived it was very rare in the middle. And tough! A rare (or medium rare) steak should never be tough. They must not serve a decent grade of beef, or it wasn't aged the proper length of time. The toughness was pointed out to the waitress who didn't seem to be concerned by it. She should have sent over the manager to explain. Overall, some decent food, but it could have been much better.

Jim_Ulcickas, Owner at Bluewater Grill, responded to this reviewResponded August 6, 2013

Thanks so much for your business, your comments and for taking the time to share on Trip Advisor. We truly appreciate it and will share with our team. We serve a great steak (Angus choice) so I apologize that it was tough. In the future, let us know and we will fix it immediately. In addition, we feature Wild King Salmon in season when it is available fresh for a limited time. We will use your comments to improve our operation. Thank so much again and please accept my apology.
Very Sincerely,
Jim U
Owner

Reviewed July 29, 2011

For the first time in, probably 3 dinners here, I was disappointed with my shrimp and scallop skewer with the mixed rice. When you have seafood that is so tasteless you wish you could order a side tarter sauce just to give it some flavor, something is very wrong. And the rice had raisins in it, which may just be me ... I don't like fruit in my rice.
I hope this was just an off night for the chef, because I've had delicious seafood here in the past. My concern is that their quality is becoming inconsistent. I'll probably be back, but not for awhile.

Thanks so much for your business, yourcomments and for taking the time to share on Trip Advisor. We truly appreciate it and will share with our team (especially Chris and Maria). Thank so much again.
Very Sincerely,
Jim U
Owner

PS-They were dried cranberries in the rice which we have discontinued....