“Relaxing Evening Meal”
Review of Wokcano

Wokcano
Ranked #45 of 334 Restaurants in Tustin
Reviewed August 14, 2017

My husband and I ate at Wokcano on a trip back from Los Angeles. We both ended up getting the Shanghai Lo Mein. My husband got the complete meal. Price are a bit spendy. The portions are generous so we had some to take home for the next days lunch which was nice. The hour was later about 8 pm I think so most of their customers were eating inside. We saw the patio dining area off the bar and asked to be seated there. We were cheerfully accommodated and ended up being the only people out there the entire meal. It was a relaxing, romantic evening to ourselves! The waitstaff and hostess were so great and cheerful. We would stop in again for sure.

Date of visit: July 2017

Reviewed May 14, 2017 via mobile

This is my 5th visit and just love the honey walnut shrimp. Always start out with a won ton soup, one of the best there is. Food is very fresh, and restaurant is super clean.

Date of visit: May 2017
Reviewed May 2, 2017

This is a very large restaurant, very nicely done. Our server was most knowledgeable, friendly, and efficient. Our dinners superb. While there are a wonderful choice of sushi and other raw bar dishes, we choice traditional Asia stir fry and were most pleased.

Date of visit: April 2017
Reviewed March 26, 2017 via mobile

We ordered a bunch of stuff, but the black pepper beef mignon was the highlight.

Appetizer:
Sashimi Salad - mixed salad with sashimi slices

Rolls:
The monkey brain - fried rolls with avocado, spicy tuna and crabmeat
Rainbow rolls

Main:
Black pepper beef mignon
Claypot sea bass
Shanghai lo mien

Date of visit: March 2017
Reviewed March 14, 2017 via mobile

When I read a review of Wokcano that critiqued it as "just one more sushi place," I almost cancelled date night with hubby. Why? Because I HATE sushi. But hubby loves it, so I decided to keep our plans as a gift to him.

I'M SO GLAD WE TRIED IT!

This place is excellent, but not just for sushi (which hubby loved). We shared several non-fish appetizers that were DELICIOUS. Here's our assessment :
1 ) spicy tuna handroll - very good, could have used more spice
2) spicy yellowtail roll - very good, could have used more spice
3) garlic chicken wings - meh. Not sure what the fuss is. Takes an extra 15 minutes, but it was my least favorite thing
4) tempura - EXCELLENT. The sweet potatoes were so yumny, and the Japanese pumpkin tasted just like it did in tokyo. The green beans were also DELICIOUS
5) eggplant. Oh my gosh. I did not even let hubby have a taste. This is seriously one of the best things I've ever put in my mouth. I have a feeling it's gonna be a regular to-go order for us.
6) iced tea - not brewed. Yuck.
7) sake - many options. Yum.

The restaurant is nice - spacious, sleek, aesthetic is clean lines. Service was great. The couple near us was complaining a lot and sent back multiple items. But our waitress handled it like a champ - redpectful, courteous, accommodating, didn't get flustered at all.

We'll definitely be back.

Date of visit: March 2017