When I read a review of Wokcano that critiqued it as "just one more sushi place," I almost cancelled date night with hubby. Why? Because I HATE sushi. But hubby loves it, so I decided to keep our plans as a gift to him.
I'M SO GLAD WE TRIED IT!
This place is excellent, but not just for sushi (which hubby loved). We shared several non-fish appetizers that were DELICIOUS. Here's our assessment :
1 ) spicy tuna handroll - very good, could have used more spice
2) spicy yellowtail roll - very good, could have used more spice
3) garlic chicken wings - meh. Not sure what the fuss is. Takes an extra 15 minutes, but it was my least favorite thing
4) tempura - EXCELLENT. The sweet potatoes were so yumny, and the Japanese pumpkin tasted just like it did in tokyo. The green beans were also DELICIOUS
5) eggplant. Oh my gosh. I did not even let hubby have a taste. This is seriously one of the best things I've ever put in my mouth. I have a feeling it's gonna be a regular to-go order for us.
6) iced tea - not brewed. Yuck.
7) sake - many options. Yum.
The restaurant is nice - spacious, sleek, aesthetic is clean lines. Service was great. The couple near us was complaining a lot and sent back multiple items. But our waitress handled it like a champ - redpectful, courteous, accommodating, didn't get flustered at all.
We'll definitely be back.