“Not just for sushi!”
Review of Wokcano

Wokcano
Ranked #38 of 317 Restaurants in Tustin
Reviewed March 14, 2017 via mobile

When I read a review of Wokcano that critiqued it as "just one more sushi place," I almost cancelled date night with hubby. Why? Because I HATE sushi. But hubby loves it, so I decided to keep our plans as a gift to him.

I'M SO GLAD WE TRIED IT!

This place is excellent, but not just for sushi (which hubby loved). We shared several non-fish appetizers that were DELICIOUS. Here's our assessment :
1 ) spicy tuna handroll - very good, could have used more spice
2) spicy yellowtail roll - very good, could have used more spice
3) garlic chicken wings - meh. Not sure what the fuss is. Takes an extra 15 minutes, but it was my least favorite thing
4) tempura - EXCELLENT. The sweet potatoes were so yumny, and the Japanese pumpkin tasted just like it did in tokyo. The green beans were also DELICIOUS
5) eggplant. Oh my gosh. I did not even let hubby have a taste. This is seriously one of the best things I've ever put in my mouth. I have a feeling it's gonna be a regular to-go order for us.
6) iced tea - not brewed. Yuck.
7) sake - many options. Yum.

The restaurant is nice - spacious, sleek, aesthetic is clean lines. Service was great. The couple near us was complaining a lot and sent back multiple items. But our waitress handled it like a champ - redpectful, courteous, accommodating, didn't get flustered at all.

We'll definitely be back.

1  Thank Connie I

Reviewed February 21, 2017

I come here with my big family, and the staff is very accommodating with our dietary restrictions. Plus the chicken fried rice is one of the best I've ever had.

Reviewed February 20, 2017 via mobile

Excellent food and service. Especially liked the wide variety of food and drinks, and our waiter had a sense of humor!

Reviewed January 19, 2017

Last night I visited Wokcano for the fourth time. We had a group of five for dinner. First the server. I wish I had gotten her name because she was just great. Very attentive when appropriate and disappeared when we were not needing anything. Sometimes that is not easy when you have five people trying to decide what to order and share. We decided one of our selections would be Crispy Orange Chicken. I have had that before and would rate it as excellent. We chose two other dishes also. The black pepper beef mignon and garlic noodles with chicken. Both were very good but the chicken really stood out. The miso soup was fine but nothing made it stand out from other restaurants soup. Overall Wokcano is becoming my go to place for Asian style food. I would recommend it to others. Note, I have not been there on a busy night and from the design it looks like it could be quite loud.

Reviewed December 16, 2016

Everything is delicious. Nice selection of soups, from miso to thai, as well as dim sum. Honey walnut shrimp are succulent and sweet. Salad has a creamy tangy sweet dressing.