“Chill out and drink well....”
Review of The Auld Dubliner

The Auld Dubliner
Ranked #161 of 289 Restaurants in Tustin
Cuisines: Pub
Good for: Large groups
Dining options: Late Night
Description: Have a casual lunch, a lively happy hour or a late night party with us at The Dub Pub of the World! Our menu features a range of Asian, English, Irish, American, and Spanish fusion plates. With 69 different beers, you're almost sure to find a new favorite brew. We're always showing spectacular sports matches including English Premier League and Champion's League! Whether you're solo, looking to meet new friends or a large group of co-workers in need of a de-stressing, we are your destination!
“Chill out and drink well....”
Reviewed May 20, 2013

What is better than a shady laid back patio, good beer, hanging out with the dogs while listening to some music during a weekend happy hour? the answer...nothing. Its awesome. Pet friendly patio, good food and happy hour till 5 on Saturdays. Get down there and try the sliders and crisps.

• Visited May 2013

Cedar Falls, Iowa
“Great Music!!”
Reviewed April 19, 2013

We stopped at this pub for a beer and to listen to awesome music on Friday April 12th. The place was busy and fun, but had great service. The sweet potatoe fries were very good! Good place to hand out with friends.

• Visited April 2013
Irvine, California
“Double charges, horrible attitude”
Reviewed April 7, 2013

Double charged me for drinks. Explained the situation to the bartender AND the manager, whom both refused to believe what ACTUALLY happened.

I would give this place negative 20 stars if I could for the attitude that came with it. Atrocious customer service. And that was on my first drink of the night.

Details:
Friend: (to the bartender) can I get a Long Island (for herself) and a margarita(for me)?
Bartender: *gives us our drinks*
Me: *gives him a credit card to pay for my drink (margarita)*
Bartender: open or close?
Me: open for now, thanks.
Friend: *orders a beer for another friend*
Bartender: $8
Friend: oh I'm paying for the beer and this Long Island
Bartender: okay *rings up the new total* open or close?
Friend: close
- about an hour later -
Me: can I close my tab?
Bartender: *hands me the tab*
Me: $20 for one drink?
Bartender: you got two drinks
Me: no, my friend paid for hers separately. I only got the one drink
Bartender: no, I gave you two drinks. I remember
Me: um NO that's not what happened
Bartender: you can bring your friend here to clear this up
Me: this is bs. *finds friend and brings her to the bar*
Friend: *explains that she paid for her drink separately to the bartender*
Bartender: *to my friend* no, I gave her two drinks. *to me* What I charged you is what I charged you. Can't fix it.
Me: can I speak to a manager??
-- The bartender and the manager talk with each other before the manager comes up to us. We explain to him the situation and he tries to tell us that he spoke to the bartenders and that my friend paid for a totally random drink (which we did NOT get) on a separate tab. What???? ARE YOU KIDDING ME???

Save yourself the trouble; go somewhere else. Unbelievable!!

P.S. I have NEVER argued with a server/management like this before. Probably because other people KNOW HOW TO DO THEIR JOB RIGHT. Also, upon reading other reviews, overcharging and horrible customer service seems to be a reoccurring theme at this place

Visited April 2013
Irvine, CA
“Good Irish Faire...”
Reviewed February 20, 2013

Great selection of Irish food. Don't be put off by the bar area, especially when there's sports on. There's a separate area away from the main bar, which is much quieter. Have a Boxtie or the fish and chips. (The home-made Tarter Sauce is killer!) They have great beer selections too.

Visited December 2012
Irvine, California
“Nice waitress - Horrible food”
Reviewed February 16, 2013

I decided to stop in for lunch today. I was the first one in the restaurant. The waitress was nice and pretty prompt. I ordered the Patty Melt with tater tots. I love Patty Melt's but don't eat them often so when I do order one I want it to be good. This one was terrible. There was absolutely no flavor at all. It was on rye bread which you would expect to have flavor. It did not. The hamburger meat was completely flavorless as well. I tried a sauce they had on the table and that didn' help. The tater tots were like the frozen Ore-Ida kind. Ok, not bad. I asked for some ranch dressing to see if I could flavor them up. I will say the ranch dressing was the only good thing about the meal. It was really good! I doubt that I would return to this restaurant unless I wanted to order a drink and some fries with that really good ranch dressing.

The service was good - friendly.

• Visited February 2013