“Good food, great patio but an awkward set-up ”
3 of 5 bubbles Review of El Jardin

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
El Jardin
Ranked #105 of 179 Restaurants in Turlock
Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
“Good food, great patio but an awkward set-up ”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 21, 2013 via mobile

We went to El Jardin in December for our company Christmas party. I had never been to the restaurant, but I was excited to try new Mexican food, I love Mexican.

We were seated and immediately got started on chips and salsa. They had the flour and corn tortilla chips, which was very exciting. The salsa was a little runny, and yet chunky at the same time. The running made it hard to eat, but I definitely enjoyed the chunky parts. We ordered drinks, but those took a long time for us to get. I think we waited like 10-15mins. They kept coming around telling us they had not forgotten about us, but it still took a long time.

The food itself was great. We had chicken fajitas (they also had beef fajitas, I don't eat beef though so I cannot speak on those). The fajitas had great flavor. There was also beans and rice, which looked good, but I did not eat either. Corn tortillas, chicken fajitas and the salsa. I ate everything and I had a big plate full of food.

The patio itself was awesome. Small, but large enough to fit our group of 30 comfortably. The only bad thing was the table set-up. It was set up in a way that made socializing a little difficult, or awkward.

All in all the place itself was good, the staff was nice and the food was great. We had a good time.

common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Excellent food, great patio -- love this restaurant!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 13, 2013 via mobile

The fajitas are SO good! We love this restaurant and sure miss it now that we live out of state. How could one of our favorite restaurants get any better? An expanded patio, which we loved! this was our first restaurant stop during our visit. A great choice for good Mexican food, and on a nice day, be sure to choose patio seating!

• Visited August 2013
Turlock, California
“Mole chicken!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 4, 2013

I occasionally crave Mole sauce and this place does the trick, great flour tortilla chips too. My husband always gets seafood enchiladas and is happy with them

Visited February 2013
california
“Weres the flavor”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 1, 2013

Worst mexican food in town, No Flavor , No spice , NO service. If you like bland tasteless Mexican food this is the place for you.

Visited January 2013
Modesto, Calif.
“Best Mexican ambiance in town.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 21, 2012

Turlock has been endowed with several restaurants with excellent Mexican cuisine, and this is one of them. However, El Jardine is free of beer ad posters, distracting television, and has a very nice wait staff. We love to sit outside for our meals. For our late November meal tonight, we sat on the porch, which was mostly enclosed with clear vinyl covering walls, and ceiling heaters which kept us pleasantly toasty. We really enjoyed our fish tacos, super burrito, enchilada, chile relleno, and sopa.

• Visited November 2012

Been to El Jardin? Share your experiences!