“Good for the money”

Ranked #2 of 11 Hotels in Turlock
Northern Calif
“Good for the money”
Reviewed January 1, 2007

I was pleasantly surprised with my stay, we were in town for a soccer tournament and made last minute plans. We were able to
get several rooms for our team members with no problem. The rooms are quite spacious and decent. Would definitely stay at this one again if need to return.

• Liked — large rooms
  • Stayed January 2006
    • Check in / front desk

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
San Francisco, Ca
Reviewed August 20, 2006

Stayed a single night while visiting a friend. The front desk staff was friendly and very efficient. The pool is kept clean and is pleasant. I had a "2 bed family suite" which was very spacious and was relatively clean. Yes, the carpet could use some cleaning and the "kitchenette" smelled of strong cleaner, but nothing unacceptable. Although the hotel is right next to Highway 99, there was no traffic noise in my room. (My room faced away from the freeway.)

I guess the only con I have is that the AC in my room was quite weak. While it was not a problem for my stay, since it wasn't that hot - I can imagine it would be a serious problem if you were in Turlock for the hot periods. I can only assume it was only my unit in which it wasn't working fully. Other than that, the property was as advertised, if not better in all other areas. It's a little less quality that some other Best Westerns I have stayed at, but it's the best option in this area.

• Liked — Room size was spacious (Family Suite)
  • Disliked — Weak AC unit
  • Stayed August 2006, traveled with friends
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2 Thank Wuah
Reviewed June 21, 2006

Me and a bunch of friends stayed at Best Western! We Loved it there!! The pool is great and Very clean. The rooms are big and nice. The employees there are probably the nicest people we met on our entire vacation!!! They talk to you and make you feel very welcome, they helped us out a lot! And the manager was by far the coolest of them all. He helped us find a great place to eat and cool places to hang out and have a great time!

Stayed May 2006
3 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed November 15, 2004

My husband and I stayed the night of November 4th at the hotel in Turlock, California, checking out the morning of the 5th. We had traveled from Gallup New Mexico that day, checking in late and wanting a nice room. The room was beautiful but there were some problems that I relayed the next morning, with a very unsatisfactory response. We had a smoking room, but there were no ashtrays, so we put water in one of the plastic drinking glasses in the room. There was an ironing board but no iron. The lamp on the desk didn't work. I took a shower, walked to the bed and felt my toe hit something. I looked down and there was a huge worm curled up on the carpet. My husband picked it up in a tissue, and put it in the microwave so we could show someone. I completed the "Comments" card in the room, and took it with me to check out and get my $25 deposit back the next morning. There was a young man with a cellphone to his ear when we walked in. He never did take the cellphone away from his ear, just asked if he could help. I handed him the "comments" card and told him we had some problems, at which time my husband unfolded the tissue with the worm and told the young man he wanted him to see this before he "set it free". All the young man did was look at my husband, laughed and asked "Set it free, huh?" My husband took the worm outside, the man said he would give the card to housekeeping, handed me my receipt and $25 deposit and said "there you go". He never apologised for the problems we brought to his attention, didn't say he would have them taken care of, and most of all he never took that cellphone off his ear. It was not the hotel phone, it was a personal cellphone.
I loved the room decor and the size of the room but due to this young man's attitude, demeanor and that phone stuck in his ear I would have a difficult time recommending that specific hotel.

6 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed July 20, 2004

My family and I recently stayed here because my son was competing in a Karate tournament in Turlock. Your choice of hotels in the area is very limited unless you want to stay a little further out in Modesto. This is certainly the best hotel in the area. The room was spacious and very clean and included a refrigerator and microwave. My only real problem was the amount of freeway noise. The hotel is right off the highway and the traffic noise was really loud in our room. We stayed in a room at the back of the hotel facing the freeway. It is probably a lot quieter in the front facing rooms. If you stay at this hotel be sure to request a room on the front side of the building which faces a fairly quiet street. Other than the noise, it was a pleasant enough place to stay.

5 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed October 19, 2003

We had our annual family reunion in Turlock, California on 10-11-03.
Before our trip, I talked to the family and asked about the best place to stay. Best Wetern Orchard Inn won hands down. This is the newest and by far the nicest place to stay in town. The hotel was pleasant, clean and most of all very, very comfortable. Our rate was $69. a night. I would stay here again in a heartbeat.

11 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Also consider these accommodations in or near Turlock
Hampton Inn Turlock
Fairfield Inn & Suites Turlock
Holiday Inn Express Turlock
Best Western Palm Court Inn
Candlewood Suites Turlock

Been to Best Western Orchard Inn? Share your experiences!