“Not a pleasant saty”

Ranked #2 of 11 Hotels in Turlock
Turlock, United States
“Not a pleasant saty”
Reviewed August 12, 2013

The check in was good, young lady was dressed in clothes that looked like she slept in them. Only activated our key cards for one night and we had to go back to check in to get them reactivated for the next day. Lights in one room didn't work. There were stains on the carpet. Front desk that helped with the reactivation of the key cards was rather abrupt with me. We will not be back. There are other places to stay in the area and we will check them out if we return to the area.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

BWManagement05494, Front Office Manager at Best Western Orchard Inn, responded to this review, October 27, 2013
Thank you for completing the Trip Advisor survey regarding your recent stay at our property.

If I can provide any assistance, please don't hesitate to contact me directly at 209-667-2827.

Colleen S.
Front Desk Manager
BEST WESTERN PLUS Orchard Inn

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
Forestburg, United States
Reviewed August 6, 2013

We stayed in this hotel on our way to Yosemite from the Napa Valley. It is a great little hotel. The pool is great. The staff was also really nice. The room was large and clean. It is an older hotel and they are building a breakfast room. But do not let this be a turn off. It was great for 4 adults traveling. I also never heard construction noise the entire time we were there, which I greatly appreciated.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family

Colleen S.
Front Desk Manager
BEST WESTERN PLUS Orchard Inn
Portland
Reviewed July 24, 2013

The Orchard Inn just off of Hwy 99 at Taylor Road in North Turlock CA is just the best! I LOVE THIS BESTWESTERN the people are all friendly, welcoming and do everything possible to meet my needs. I stay there every other week for 2 nights and I just wouldn't go anywhere else. The outdoor pool is lovely open year round and 24 hours. I just cannot say enough how lovely this is and the rooms are comfy and clean always.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business

Magalia, Ca.
Reviewed April 19, 2013

The phone system was worst I've ever had at any motel. I was having trouble dialing 9 then the number and the front desk told to try it 4 or 5 times. Finally on the 6th try I got through. This should never be the norm. Hopefully, you can correct this poor phone service.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends

Los Angeles, CA
Reviewed March 25, 2013

I stay here from time to time when in town. There is a lot that is ok about it--I like the rooms fine, though they are not as fancy as some of the bw plus properties, it is pretty good for Turlock. I was bummed today though that I left at 10 am, returned at 9:30 PM, and my room had not been cleaned when I returned. I was sure to NOT leave to leave the privacy sign up because I wanted it cleaned. When I sadly trekked down to the office to get towels and coffee for the morning, I was told it wasn't cleaned because there were only two people to clean 50 rooms this morning. To that I say: hire enough people so you are not inconveniencing the customer. This is NOT the kind of place that will give you a discount because they failed to clean your room. It IS the kind of place where they don't have enough people working, so this may happen to you if you stay here.

Room Tip: Make sure to ask to have your room cleaned if that matters to you
Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank franktraveller
Santa Cruz, CA
Reviewed February 25, 2013

Having to make a very last minute reservation for the night I didn't have much time to research hotels so I took my chances.

This turned out to be a decent place to crash. Rooms were updated. Beds were a little firm for my liking, but they were on the newer side. Pillows were small (didn't matter for me, I always bring my own. We stayed on the street side and it was very quiet. The heater unit was quiet which was a big plus for us.
The bathroom had a strange smell that I never could put my finger on.
The bed only has a sheet and a thin coverlet on it, which for me never works out well, but I like a nice warm comforter, so that's just personal taste.
Wifi worked just fine.
Breakfast was eggs, sausage, cute made on the spot waffles, yogurt, muffins and a variety of cereals and juices. A very nice expanded continental.
Price was 89 a night, which for the area seemed a bit high, but I didn't have a choice.
They are dog friendly with a $20 pet fee.
There is a small pool and hot tub.
Would look around for a lower rate if ever in the area again, but would stay here again.

Room Tip: Request the street side (away from freeway).
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
BWManagement05494, Manager at Best Western Orchard Inn, responded to this review, March 19, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to comment on our hotel. We appreciate any and all feedback from our guests. We hope that a return trip is in your future, and again thank you for visiting our hotel.
Los Angeles, California, Usa
Reviewed February 6, 2013

Very clean and updated room. (in fact it seem new) Nice people working in lobby.
I thought price per nite a little hign due to location. But other hotels had similar prices due to event in area that week end.
Overall 5 stars!! and the free water/coffee and cookies were a nice touch.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review for our hotel. We welcome any comments from our guests to ensure that you have a pleasant experience each time you visit our property. We hope that you will continue staying with us in the future,
Also consider these accommodations in or near Turlock
Comfort Suites Turlock
Fairfield Inn & Suites Turlock
Holiday Inn Express Turlock
Candlewood Suites Turlock
Best Western Palm Court Inn

Been to Best Western Orchard Inn? Share your experiences!