“decent room but no cleaning service”

Best Western Orchard Inn
Ranked #2 of 11 Hotels in Turlock
Reviewed March 25, 2013

I stay here from time to time when in town. There is a lot that is ok about it--I like the rooms fine, though they are not as fancy as some of the bw plus properties, it is pretty good for Turlock. I was bummed today though that I left at 10 am, returned at 9:30 PM, and my room had not been cleaned when I returned. I was sure to NOT leave to leave the privacy sign up because I wanted it cleaned. When I sadly trekked down to the office to get towels and coffee for the morning, I was told it wasn't cleaned because there were only two people to clean 50 rooms this morning. To that I say: hire enough people so you are not inconveniencing the customer. This is NOT the kind of place that will give you a discount because they failed to clean your room. It IS the kind of place where they don't have enough people working, so this may happen to you if you stay here.

Room Tip: Make sure to ask to have your room cleaned if that matters to you
Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank franktraveller

Reviewed February 25, 2013

Having to make a very last minute reservation for the night I didn't have much time to research hotels so I took my chances.

This turned out to be a decent place to crash. Rooms were updated. Beds were a little firm for my liking, but they were on the newer side. Pillows were small (didn't matter for me, I always bring my own. We stayed on the street side and it was very quiet. The heater unit was quiet which was a big plus for us.
The bathroom had a strange smell that I never could put my finger on.
The bed only has a sheet and a thin coverlet on it, which for me never works out well, but I like a nice warm comforter, so that's just personal taste.
Wifi worked just fine.
Breakfast was eggs, sausage, cute made on the spot waffles, yogurt, muffins and a variety of cereals and juices. A very nice expanded continental.
Price was 89 a night, which for the area seemed a bit high, but I didn't have a choice.
They are dog friendly with a $20 pet fee.
There is a small pool and hot tub.
Would look around for a lower rate if ever in the area again, but would stay here again.

Room Tip: Request the street side (away from freeway).
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
BWManagement05494, Manager at Best Western Orchard Inn, responded to this reviewResponded March 19, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to comment on our hotel. We appreciate any and all feedback from our guests. We hope that a return trip is in your future, and again thank you for visiting our hotel.

Reviewed February 6, 2013

Very clean and updated room. (in fact it seem new) Nice people working in lobby.
I thought price per nite a little hign due to location. But other hotels had similar prices due to event in area that week end.
Overall 5 stars!! and the free water/coffee and cookies were a nice touch.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review for our hotel. We welcome any comments from our guests to ensure that you have a pleasant experience each time you visit our property. We hope that you will continue staying with us in the future,

Reviewed January 4, 2013

I was very pleased with my recent stay. Staff accommodated my specific request and need of early check-in and additional towels during my stay. Oversized, 2 king beds/kitchenette worked well. Kitchen needed some airing out as the cabinetry was stale and smelly and an empty wine bottle remained in cabinet. Need more trash cans throughout - at least one in each room. Room decor was decent. Nice, large, flat-screen TV. Great location for my business purposes. Freeway noise (even on opposite side of building) could potentially keep a guest from resting soundly. I will likely return monthly to conduct my regional meeting.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
BWManagement05494, Manager at Best Western Orchard Inn, responded to this reviewResponded January 23, 2013

Lisa R - thank you so much for taking the time to write a review for our property. We do rely on the input of our guests so we may continue making improvements. Please continue to provide us with feedback on your future stays. We look forward to seeing you on a monthly basis!

Reviewed December 31, 2012

All basic amnemities (sic). Strong WiFi on East.
Decent breakfast. Friendly staff. Right off freeway.
Good motel parking. Close to shopping and food.
Not HDTV signal, but flatscreen TV's have 60+ channels, and lots of spanish.
Would stay again.

Room Tip: East side (away from freeway)
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed December 28, 2012

This is the lower end type of Best Western hotel. It will meet all your needs if you just need a place to sleep for the night. The room was clean, but don't expect many extra's. I would not want to sleep on the bed for more than one night, though again, it was fine for this level of BW hotels.

The location is fine, noise was not a problem, and the staff is efficient. I would pick this hotel for a one-night stay without hesitation.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 27, 2012

I stay at this lovely property 4-6 x's a month I love the friendly staff, the location, the pool the comfy beds and appreciate all the upgrades in process. If there was one thing I'd change it would be to have the pool heated to use year round. I love Orchard Inn

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
Also consider these accommodations in or near Turlock
Comfort Suites Turlock
Fairfield Inn & Suites Turlock
Candlewood Suites Turlock
Holiday Inn Express Turlock
Best Western Palm Court Inn

Been to Best Western Orchard Inn? Share your experiences!