“Delicious and attractive”
Review of Bistro 234

Bistro 234
Reserve with OpenTable
Bistro 234 is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #4 of 180 Restaurants in Turlock
Cuisines: French
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Center
Description: Bistro 234 is honored to have recently earned the prestigious Wine Spectator's 2012 Award of Excellence. Located in the center of historic downtown Turlock, Bistro 234 offers a dining experience that is sure to foster great memories. The fun atmosphere, high ceilings, heated patio and vibrant colors pair well with the eclectic cuisine of our talented Executive Chef, LeRoy Walker. At Bistro 234, we love to share our passion for food and dining with seasonal New American and French-influenced cooking. Bistro 234 is the ideal place to host your event, be it large or small. The Cellar is available for exclusive dining.
Reviewed February 27, 2013

This is a warm and cozy Bistro with flair. It is well decorated and classy. The service was excellent, food was great, and we never felt rushed to leave. Soups and coffee are superb as was the beef cooked perfectly.

we will be back here often.

There are newer reviews for Bistro 234

Reviewed February 23, 2013

We visit the Bistro on occasion, and I always enjoy their food. Their menu stays pretty much the same, and has a gormet flair to it; the atmosphere is very warm and inviting, romantic. I have had better service other places as far as options, such as I wanted to substitute my veggies and pototoes that normally come with the filet mignon for some of their gnocci, and offered to pay more, and they wouldn't do it. Also, we got one of their salads that advertised pecans and it came with walnuts, which isn't a big deal to me, but my husband is very allergic to walnuts, so that could be a problem for some. As far as service filling your glasses, offering more bread, they are very attentive. :) Great date place.

Reviewed December 13, 2012

We were excited about going here. We had a birthday to celebrate. The restaurant was so cold, our bread was very hard and dry, it seemed to take forever for our meals to be served. It was disappointing. I doubt we would go back; it was a very expensive mediocre dining experience.

Reviewed October 24, 2012

Great specials, decent wine list. The salads before our dinner was so good. Caesar Salad served as a wedge. The dressing was so fresh. Someone else in the party had the pear salad, said it was excellent. I had the seafood raviolli special. The salad was so good I brought most of my dinner home. Our server wasn't very attentive. We had a couple of special requests for extra vegies no starch and he didn't accomodate. He had to fix it after the dinner plates were delivered. I read on Wednesday that every bottle of wine is 1/2 off. I had to ask server about it, seems like that is something he should have offered right off the bat.

Reviewed September 18, 2012

I had dinner for a second time the other night at Bistro 234, this time with a business friend. As with the previous experience, the food was excellent with preparation you wouldn't expect for a Central Valley town. The staff is very friendly and the patrons dinning out that weekday evening were clearly having a good time. Some evenings, I believe on weekdays, all wine on their decent wine list is half off. We found a Lynmar Pinot that was surprising for a small town establishment.

The place is nice for business, a nice date with your significant other, or even small to medium parties as they have various nooks and crannies to locate parties. You'll be pretty happy, especially if you try it during the week when things are a bit slower. BTW, they have dining outside which is nice if the evening is warm (pretty much the case for 5 months out of the year in Turlock.

Been to Bistro 234? Share your experiences!