“Don't believe their website.. It's all a lie.”
Review of Sunrise Inn

and 1 more site!
Sunrise Inn
Ranked #3 of 11 Hotels in Turlock
Texas
“Don't believe their website.. It's all a lie.”
Reviewed January 4, 2010

Bedding and furnishings are old. The linens are not "luxury" as advertised either. No flat screen as advertised. Sadly, it's a crummy motel on a bad side of town. Stay somewhere else if you can.

2 Thank hookem05
gst_services, Guest Services at Sunrise Inn, responded to this review, January 5, 2010
We apologize for any inconvenience during your stay. In order to better address your concerns, we would like to point out that "luxury sheets" is under the "room upgrades" list (as advertised on the front page of our website). We feature several room types, some with more luxury amenities than others. If you choose a room with the absolute lowest price, you will not find the same amenities as compared to our "deluxe" rooms. Deluxe rooms feature bedding with thread count between 300-500TC, which are much higher than the typical hotel or motel.

All rooms do feature a "flatscreen" TV (as stated by the manufacturer) however we apologize if you were expecting a plasma flatscreen TV as unfortunately the term "flatscreen" has been often miscontrued to refer to only plasma or LCD varieties. We will take steps to clarify this in our ads in the future.

Customer satisfaction has been our primary concern since our grand opening in late 2007 and we are sorry your stay did not meet our usual standard. If you have a specific request for an amenity (i.e. luxury sheets, DVD player), please let our Front Desk know during the reservation process or check-in so that we can ensure your stay is completely satisfactory.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
  • Hebrew first
  • Polish first
turlock, ca
Reviewed December 3, 2009

I am a student at CSU Stanislaus, and i stayed at the Sunrise Inn with a CSU Coupon for a free night. I expected that when i got there, because i won the ticket we would have got the worst room. Also the exterior of the grounds threw me off a little bit. I was not sure if i was going to like staying there.
I was happily surprised when I found out they put us in a very nice room. All of the people were extremely kind and courteous. My boyfriend and I had a great night’s sleep, and a wonderful breakfast the next morning before we went off to school.

• Stayed November 2009, traveled as a couple
1 Thank stanstudent
san francisco
Reviewed August 9, 2009

We were so amazed at the service at this motel! Eight of us stayed overnight for a family wedding and were treated as if we stayed in a 5 star hotel! When I asked for the iron and ironing board, it came in minutes with a smile. As the attendant was leaving he asked if we needed extra pillows, which we so appreciated. The pillows arrived moments later. The next morning we were surprised to find at the continental breakfast - they made banana crepes and yogurt/fruit parfaits upon request. The ladies in attendance were sweet, friendly and gracious! A wonderful breath of fresh air at this motel!

• Stayed August 2009, traveled with family
Calif
Reviewed June 28, 2009

Went to Turlock for Family Wedding and searched for hotels. Picked this one based on the renovation and comments from others who have posted reviews. Only 1 mile from our event in downtown and served us well. Excellent rooms, adjoing rooms available as we we selected. Very affordable....... $101 out the door for a two room two bath. Nice arbor with grass to visit and listen to music.

Outstanding service and friendly staff...... Breakfast of waffles, parfaits, continental etc. and all personally prepared by the staff.

Location not a destination location, however, definitely a place to stay if you are passing through or have an event such as ours.

Stayed June 2009, traveled with family
San Jose
Reviewed June 24, 2009

I stayed at the Sunrise Inn after hearing about their hardwood floors and although their exterior isn't incredibly fancy, my overall stay was very enjoyable due to the level of service that I received, from front desk to housekeeping. Everyone at the property is very friendly and upbeat unlike other "corporate" places where you get the typical run-of-the-mill desk clerk.

The room and bathroom were very clean and I loved the hardwood floor's glossy look. I do wish the room's desk was larger though. My room came with a memory foam upgrade which was perfect for my aching back.

Unfortunately I didn't have enough time to sample their breakfast but I did try their breakfast coffee. Although it wasn't Starbucks coffee, it was rich and bold in flavor and strong enough to get me going.

What really sets this place apart is their service especially at the price range of their rooms. The last time I had such great service was checking-in to a much more expensive hotel in Las Vegas during my brother's wedding. I highly recommend checking this place out if you happen to find yourselves in Turlock.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled solo
Pittsburgh, PA
Reviewed April 26, 2009

Speaking for most business travelers out there, what is one thing that we all need? How about a great breakfast and table service to boot? My last stay was at a Hyatt Place in New Jersey and yes, the Hyatt boasts luxury with a large screen plasma TV. But what they really needed was an improvement in their breakfast area and for me, despite some minor shortcomings, Sunrise Inn seems to be actively racing the franchised 3,4-star hotels to provide the ultimate hotel experience.

A couple of things that I would have liked to see at Sunrise Inn is the addition of a fitness and business center. The front desk staff were willing to fax some documents for me but it's always nice to be able to have a pseudo-business office away from the office (yes, I suppose I'm in the rarity there).

Rooms were cozy but they are a bit smaller than the rooms I usually get at the Holiday Express and Hampton Inn. Hardwood floors reminded me of Candlewood although at Candlewood you only get a small piece of hardwood floor in the kitchen area.

I had no irks with the bed -it was fine and clean. The best part about Sunrise Inn was their service and breakfast. Trust me - I've tried just about every hotel continental breakfast out there (Comfort Suites, Travelodge, Hyatt Place) and only a handful of hotels offer a satisfying breakfast for under 100 dollars/night. Yes, a hot breakfast at the major branded hotels is nice - except when the kitchen can't keep up with demand for eggs and the breakfast sausages are so salty, you find yourself drinking three glasses of orange juice. Sunrise Inn has been added to my list of great breakfasts primarily due to their selection but also the service provided by both the lobby staff and housekeeping. One member of their housekeeping in particular was especially helpful during my stay.

For Sunrise Inn, things I would like to see -> a hot breakfast (but careful with the salt), a business center, and possibly a fitness center.

• Stayed April 2009, traveled on business
Los Angeles
Reviewed October 6, 2008

The Sunrise Inn would really have gotten 4 stars except for the bed was hard as a rock. Literally. Put your hand down on the desk you are sitting at and that was the bed. I think that's what made me wake up every 2 hours on the dot and toss and turn all night long.

That being said, maybe you like hard beds, and if so you should live at the Sunrise Inn. Otherwise, the remaining cons make up for the second docked star.

Cons:
-I saw 3 ants in the bathroom. One on the ceiling and 2 next to the sink. Ick!
-Not enough towels. Since the floors are hard wood, and there is no mat inside the door, we tracked wet/muddy shoes inside the room when we first arrived on the ONE day it would rain in the Central Valley.
-Tiny blankets. Seriously people, the blankets need to cover at least 6 inches over the bed.
-No drawers. Only a small hanging space in the TV stand.

Pros:
-Extremely friendly service. The cleaning lady, upon seeing me enter room 117, stopped me and told me the toilet wasn't working, which the front desk man forgot. So she took it upon herself to run and get us a new key for a couple rooms down.
-Shower is very nice. A shower-head with adjustable spray settings is my favorite.
-And of course, unbeatable price. $63 bucks for the night, at a nice, ample parking, spacious, clean inn.

• Liked — Price
  • Disliked — Hard bed
  • Stayed October 2008, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank bonnzyo