“Modestly priced, friendly staff, comfortable and clean rooms”
Review of Sunrise Inn

Sunrise Inn
Ranked #3 of 11 Hotels in Turlock
Reviewed March 7, 2014

I have family in town and have been staying at Sunrise Inn for years. Mgr Maggie and staff makes you feel like part of the family. Very friendly staff, clean rooms, wonderful breakfast and modestly priced. I appreciate the complimentary wifi, kitchenette with microwave and mini frig. I will be staying several nights every few months and it's wonderful to know I have Sunrise Inn to look forward to. Chris from No Las Vegas, NV

Room Tip: Rooms on the east side are the farthest away from the train tracks although the train wasn't a p...
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled solo
1  Thank chrisnwick

Reviewed February 2, 2014

We found this place online and toured the rooms before we chose to stay. The Manger, Maggie, was super friendly and went into detail about how picky she is about cleanliness. She takes pride in her Inn and it shows in the quality of the rooms. The hardwood floors are great - I don't know why more places don't have them - and it had a mini-fridge and microwave. Trains do run, but I didn't hear them past 10:30pm. Maggie went out of her way to make sure we were comfortable and happy. Crepes for breakfast were delicious! I was not feeling well, and she brought me some green tea from home! How sweet is that! Really inexpensive for what you get. Definitely will be staying here again. Thanks, Maggie!!

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business
2  Thank Katie L
Reviewed January 30, 2014

We stay at the Sunrise Inn every year for a week at a time, which should tell you a lot. The rooms are immaculate and spacious. The staff is friendly and welcoming, especially Maggie, the manager. They all make sure that you have everything you need. And crepes for breakfast! Wow! The rates are excellent. We look forward to returning every year.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Workerbees2014
Reviewed January 24, 2014

I stayed at the Turlock Sunrise Inn for four nights. It is located conveniently off Hwy 99. I will definitely be returning. The rooms are very clean and the staff make it a point to let you know you are very welcome there. Maggie, the manager, checked daily to see if everything met with my satisfaction. It was very special to have someone make me feel so welcomed. The rooms were kept very clean and amenities were supplied daily. I totally enjoyed myself. Denise from Oceanside, CA

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled solo
Reviewed December 25, 2013

The Sunrise Inn is centrally located off the freeway, near the fairgrounds and area restaurants. It is also located near the train tracks. Normally the train sounds might be quaint and nostalgic, but if you're trying to sleep...forget it.

The motel itself is very clean and very reasonably priced. There are laminate floors, a mini fridge and a microwave in the spacious room. Our only complaints regarding the room was the awful beds. They are literally slabs of granite...My husband, 15 yr. old daughter and I, tossed and turned all night and woke up with stiff, sore backs. Also, the rooms are very sparse. No bath mats (to prevent slipping), Kleenex, extra TP, etc.

The continental breakfast isn't elaborate...just cereal, toast and oranges. They did make crepes in the back room if you requested.

Room Tip: bring your own foam mattress...you're going to need it! Earplugs too!
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed November 25, 2013

I really like this hotel. The rooms are nice, clean, and kept up. There is lots of shelf space, drawers under the bed, a table with two chairs, also a refrigerator and microwave. The bathrooms are spacious, they even include a shower cap. The staff is extremely helpful. They make me feel at home. The manager is a great help. When I requested extra towels, the manager even asked if I would like one more so that I could wrap my long hair after my shower. I come here whenever I am in town.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed November 13, 2013

Center of the city and really neat little Hotel,excellent value for money in Turlock, will definitely stay there again when i visit the place again, the staff are super friendly and helpful, special thanks to Erica and Vanessa for all the help, two very very charming Ladies.From the moment i arrived i was met with friendly faces. And they make delicious crepes for breakfast.
Can't ask for more.
All in all a very pleasant stay.
Thanks guy's.