“great place to stay”

Ranked #3 of 11 Hotels in Turlock
Mishawaka, Indiana
“great place to stay”
Reviewed September 6, 2013

We stayed at Sunrise Inn, Turlock over the labor day weekend. It was a very nice place to stay. The staff were helpful. The room was clean and very comfortable. If I have to go back there, I would stay there again and recommend my friends for a wonderful stay at Sunrise Inn, Turlock.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
4 Thank Monolekha B

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
  • Hebrew first
  • Polish first
Grass Valley, California, United States
Reviewed August 25, 2013

This older motel has been very nicely remodeled. Our rooms were clean & roomy, if very basic. The price was great for our budget. The staff was friendly and quite responsive. The room was quiet and comfortable at night Breakfast consisted of freshly made fruit crepes or Belgan Waffels, which were delicious. The only draw-back was that the motel is not well marked when traveling in a southerly direction. It took us several trips around blocks to find it, even though we knew, because of GPS, that we were so close. We didn't see any bugs. If you're on a budget, and don't need frills, but want a nice room near Modesto & Yoesomite, this is a good one.

Room Tip: For a big family, like ours, they have ajoining rooms that go for the same price as a one-room doubl...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Keith M
Arroyo Grande, California
Reviewed August 21, 2013

I read good reviews about the Sunrise Inn, so when I was passing through Turlock recently I decided to stay there for the night. The exterior of the place looks old, and I probably wouldn't have stopped if I hadn't heard good things about the place. I'm glad I did. The staff was great, notifying me I qualified for a discount when I didn't ask for it, offering to set up a hot spot wireless router near my room, and just being friendly. I really like the hardwood veneer floors in the rooms. My room was very clean (one of the cleanest motel/hotel rooms I've ever stayed at). The mattress was also very comfortable, far better than any mattress I've encountered at a hotel within the Sunrise Inn price range.

Also, Donnelly Park is right next door and is a great place to take a stroll and relax after a day on the road. I also walked down to the historic part of Turlock and found some good craft beer and conversation.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank Benjamin H
Eugene, Oregon
Reviewed August 14, 2013

Based on trip advisor reviews, we stayed at the Sunrise Inn on a recent trip. The accuracy of prior reviews is commendable. Occasionally, you get a review you can discount. That happens. Based on these reviews I was still skeptical. Could this place really be that cheap, AND decent??
We were so happy to see a clean room that had obviously been remodeled in the recent past. A room that we were comfortable pulling the sheets back and getting a good nights sleep. At that price, you can't always expect that. Even had a decent breakfast in the morning. Waffle could have been cooked a little longer (they cook them for you) but still had a homemade appeal. Don't visit Turlock often, but would make a point of staying there again.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank michael s
ensenada, mexico
Reviewed August 9, 2013

We were treated very will. Erica checked us in and was helpful and pleasant.
We had wifi problems but Erica was brilliant, helped up get both tablets connected and the laptop too! I frequently have wifi issues at hotels, but never have it solved with service like this.
To top it off we were served excellent crepes for breakfast, made by our little angel Erica.
all of the above for less than $60!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank PeterEnsenada_Mexico
Turlock, California
Reviewed August 2, 2013

In my 5 years of military service, I have had the pleasure of traveling to Alaska, Hawaii, New York and Mississippi. In each of those states, I would stay in hotels ranging from The Days Inn to Hampton to Hilton Hotels and I can honestly say that the Sunrise Inn falls in the Hampton range (which is a very good thing, since it's easily half the price!). First thing you will notice when you get to your room is cleanliness. All the furniture and flooring is wood and dust free. I arrived during the summer (July) and the air conditioning unit was already on (keeping the room at a cool 60 degrees). Every morning, even on weekends, they offered waffles or crepes! You can even request your breakfast 'to go'! Bottom line, the value you get, hospitality you receive and comfort you deserve, you can NOT beat Sunrise Inn in Turlock, CA!

Highly recommend, will return.

Room Tip: Choose a room close to the main lobby to get a delicious crepe before anyone else!
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank Brian M
Northern California
Reviewed July 25, 2013

Stayed here for a soccer tournament - about a 5 min drive to fields. Room was very clean, and staff was friendly. They will make you waffles or home made crepes in the morning that are really good. I have to give this hotel 5 stars for the incredible value. I will also say that I was never awakened by the trains and I consider myself a light sleeper. No pool but that isn't always a big deal even for families with kids. As someone who is picky and is used to staying in Marriotts, I would honestly say that you can't go wrong staying here.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family