“Excellent”

Ranked #3 of 11 Hotels in Turlock
New York City, New York
“Excellent”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 22, 2012

This is one of the best places to stay in Turlock. All the motel is very clean, safe and the customer service is fantastic; the rooms are big and clean, with wood floors, microwave, TV and refrigerator almost in new condition and clean. I will stay here every time I go to Turlock area.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank ComunidadesUsa

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
  • Hebrew first
  • Polish first
Methuen, MA
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 16, 2012

Stayed here for the first time. Near the highway and restaurants. Nice room. Had frig and microwave. Was made peach and banana crepes in the morning. Lobby quiet in the morning. They don't serve breakfast until 7am, which can be late for early birds like myself if one wants to be on the road for 8am. Bathroom did not have heat, but if one leaves the door open to the room, it is fine.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank methuenma
Oakland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 30, 2012

I stayed at the Sunrise Inn when traveling to Turlock to see the Ansel Adams exhibit at the Carnegie Museum. It was exactly as described in recent reviews. It is a basic motel that is impeccably clean and quite comfortable.

What makes it outstanding is the level of customer service. When I returned home I saw, when checking my credit card balance on-line, that I had been charged a second charge in addition to the motel room. I called and spoke to Helena, who exhibited 5 star customer service. She immediately apologized, checked the charge, saw it was wrong and promised to correct it. She also empathized that it must be frustrating to get an erroneous charge. She said she would call back the next day to confirm that she had reversed the charge. The next day she called back as promised and reiterated her apology.

Things can go wrong. What makes an excellent customer experience is how the staff deals with the situation.

I highly recommend the Sunrise Inn. (And breakfast was nice too!)

• Stayed January 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank Kathquin
DAVENPORT
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 1, 2012

The Sunrise Inn is not to be missed if you are staying in or around Turlock! My family rented six rooms for one night and were treated like family. Maggie came to our room shortly after check-in to make sure we didn't need more pillows, towels or anything else. There could be more cold breakfast items like yogurt or hardboiled eggs but we had our choice of a banana or peach crepe or a thick waffle served on real plates. They were very good! The price is so low for the service you get and the rooms are very clean with beautiful hardwood floors plus a refrigerator and microwave in every room. All of us will definitely stay there again when in the area!

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
2 Thank Vanilla1954
Tulsa, Oklahoma
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 2, 2011

I am heading home after being here since back in June and I have to convey my feelings on this little place..I was treated royally and my stay was wonderful..I never wanted for a thing as Maggie and her staff were attentive to my needs and took very good care of my room and were quick to help in any way, shape, form, or fashion..My thanks to Maggie and the girls here at Sunrise Inn..I will miss you all..

Room Tip: The weekly rooms are bigger and better..
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled on business
2 Thank Rick C
Clovis, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 20, 2011

Everyone was pleasant very helpful . One special thing for us was a broken hairdryer.
We informed Maggiei about it and the next day a new one was installed. We ask Maggie for an extra pillow and walla we had them. She is a great assistant Manager. The rooms are clean and well beds are comfy. The only issue would be no pool during the summer. I would still stay there again.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with family
2 Thank MyName32
Mount Vernon, Washington
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 16, 2011

My husband stayed here for a month on business and I joined him for a few days this past week. The whole establishment was clean and tidy and Maggie the Manager was amazing! She made sure to stop by every day to see that his/our needs were met and even did laundry for my guy. You'll not go wrong staying here....not a better place out there for the price! Thanks, Maggie!!!

• Stayed November 2011, traveled on business