“Great service and very good food”

Toscana's Ristorante
Ranked #19 of 180 Restaurants in Turlock
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Fulkerth
Reviewed October 3, 2011

September 30, 2011 my sister treated me to dinner at Toscana's. Neither one of us had been there before. When she made the reservation, she was asked if it was for a special occasion. She said it was my birthday. When we were taken to our table, they had written HAPPY BIRTHDAY on the table and there was confetti and streamers.
Our waitress Melissa was very friendly. Our meals were brought to us by a different server who did not know I had ordered my grilled steak WITHOUT the blucheese. Melissa found out it had blucheese and had another steak prepared for me. My sister and I both liked our meals but had 1/2 of them boxed to go as we had an appitizer of calamare. (it was alittle tuff, but good.
The restaurant got pretty loud from the customers but it did not bother us. At the conclusion of our meal I was brought a birthday desert plate that I shared with my sister. It had cheese cake and vanilla icecream topped with the best carmel sauce I have ever tasted. and extra carmel sauce. Thank goodness we hadn't ate all of our meal so we were able to eat the desert. On the plate was written HAPPY BIRTHDAY in sauce.
The next day I ate my left overs for lunch and it was just as good as the night before. I took a picture of the desert with my phone. I didn't have a flash, so it is a little dark, but will post it anyway. The restuarant was packed. Which is probably why it was so loud.
I reccommend the restuarant, but if you want an intimate dinner the noise level will take away from that.

There are newer reviews for Toscana's Ristorante

Reviewed June 16, 2011

I can not tell you how wonderful the service was and the food was excellent. We had a little less than 100 people and many had never been there. They all swore they would become regulars.

We will be taking Dad there again this Sunday for Father's Day. There's no place like Toscana's and we are always happy with everything they do for us.

Donna L. Vaughn-Goady and Family

Reviewed May 8, 2011

Mother's Day brunch with a reservation. Seated like sardines - and it is buffet so one had to get up to get a plate of food. The table behind us left to sit on the chilly patio rather than suffer in the fire hazard main room. Our family could not even eat together as one person stayed with the table while others got food and this took so long we were finished with the few edible items when he returned. We got prime rib sliced by the owner Mr. Costa and it was purple - almost mooing. Later my son said he even heard Mr. Costa say it needed to be changed. Scrambled eggs were like rubber - and Eggs Benedict a joke with burned off Hollandaise sauce. We did complain to April the manager who apologized but no offer of restitution offered for this diastrous meal. The bill for 5 people was $111 and that was for 1 trip and virtually nothing edible. Please please go somewhere else - this place is obviously out for revenue and not quality. George our waiter was the high point and was very kind.

Reviewed January 27, 2011

My wife an I have been here more than 3 times and for the past 2 visits the service has been the worst, it seem you were in a Denny’s at 3 o’clock in the morning. We went this weekend January 21. With a reservation I might add. We had to wait 20 minutes even though there were empty tables. They sat us down and waiting for more than 30 minutes and not even water we received. I ask for service and waiting ten more minutes and nothing. We finally walk out and the hostess didn’t even acknowledge that we were not served. I WILL NEVER GO BACK TO TOSCANAS, I RATHER GO TO DENNY’S ATLEAST THERE NO ONE IS ARROGANT.

2  Thank noecis78
Reviewed January 21, 2010

the mangioni club;
we had lunch on 01/15/2010. at TOSCANA!S RISTORANTE in west peabody MA. the best kept ( TRIPPA mediterranean ) dish it was coocked and served ala
MANGIONI CLUB perfection and gusto,and very reasonable for our pocket.
You should visit this and taste the trippa dish,so you like the mangioni
club will tell uor friends that was so good italian food.
ralph,carlo, mario,bombace, feliciano,