“Do not let the other reviews fool you. Read this and you decide.”
Review of Travelodge Turlock

Travelodge Turlock
Ranked #11 of 11 Hotels in Turlock
Turlock, California, United States
“Do not let the other reviews fool you. Read this and you decide.”
Reviewed October 19, 2013

So while I see a large number of bad reviews I also see a number of positive ones. I am guessing that the negative people had a bad experience because they were expecting one. Let me tell you this, I have stayed in Suites that cost $150 or more on night and had a bad experience. I believe that you can have a bad experience on many levels but the way in which that problem is dealt with by staff is what makes the difference and that is what the staff at the travellodge are great at, Customer Service.

I willl not name names bcasue they are all so wonderful and helpful anytime day or night and i will say that from the guest service staff, housekeepers, maintenance and so on everyone is 100% ready willing and able to address any need should there be one.

I see alot of reviews poor ones on the condition of the rooms. I gained some insight into that during a recent stay at the property. While enjoying the hotels complimentary Bear Bites Breakfast i got a chance to talk to the property General Manager Jasmine. i was telling her ii really liked the room i had during this past stay, she thanked me and told me that all the rooms a few at a tim are undergoing complete renovations. and eventually they will all look like #119 (see Pics) Jasmine is a real visionary when it comes to change and how to make her ideas come to life. she is easy to talk to and freindly. if you stay here and have the time take a minute and say hello.

now the overall property has had a turnaround for the better as compared to years past. Ive been staying at this hotel for over 15 years its gone through different owners, managers, and the like. none of which were as pleasant or egaar to help as Jasmine and her staff now there is always going to be a certain element when you have a bar right next door and a restaurant that is open 24 hours. if you allow youself to think negativly about what you see then that is what you are going to get. give the place a chance it is so so much better than even just a couple yeaars ago. REMEMBER CHANGE TAKES TIME AND CHANGE IS GOOD. Happy travels.

The pictures below are of a completely remodeled room which is what all the rooms here will look like in time. PICTURES WILL NOT UPLOAD I WILL ADD THEM LATER

Room Tip: buildings 1 and 2 best for wifi signal and my preffered room as of today are 105,119,120,127, 128
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Prescott, Arizona
Reviewed August 5, 2013

I booked a room for 3 nights, of which the key(s) did not work on all 3 nights. I had to go down stairs and to the front every night to get management to open my door. My bare feet were black from walking on the filthy carpet. The toilet made a very loud noise when flushed. I found a wash cloth tucked inside to quiet the toilet!! SEE PICTURE! The table lamp was broken with wires exposed. SEE PICTURE! The TV was very old and had a poor, faded milky picture. The furnishings were old and worn. The window screen was loose and torn.
The continental breakfast was a joke! The room was tiny with lots of people waiting for food. The food serving counter was empty of food, as an employee brought out two or three individual pastries at a time, while many were waiting for food. Many gave up and ate elsewhere. There was coffee, but the breakfast was nearly non existant.
It is obvious the management is skimping pinching every penny possible at this motel.

Better to find another place to sleep.

Room Tip: Better to find another motel! If you insist staying here, do not get a room by the pool as the noi...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
Jasmine S, Manager at Travelodge Turlock, responded to this review, October 23, 2013
I would like to personally apologize for the series of unfortunate incidences that you experienced during your stay with us. We continually try to do our very best for all of our guests, but unfortunately, sometimes we do fail.
I will look into each issue that you have noted, in an attempt to correct and improve our hotel policies.
I would invite you to contact me personally at 209-668-3400(direct line), to discuss this with you further. email: jasmine.travelodge@gmail.com

Travelers are raving about these Turlock hotels

Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed July 25, 2013

I checked into the hotel relatively late, around 10:30pm after a very long day traveling. After checking in I continued to my room and found the key card did not work. I returned down stairs with my heavy luggage and got a working key from the staff member who checked me in. This was a unpleasant way to start my stay as hauling luggage up and down stairs unnecessarily is taxing. I made entry into the room assigned to me and was shocked by its condition. There where several problems with the room. The carpets and walls were terribly dirty, with stains and "drips" covering the room. The wallpaper was peeling. There was a terrible odor in the room. The mattress and box spring was ripped and had blood stains in several places. The sheets and blankets had numerous stains and obviously had not been laundered properly. As a professional traveler, experience has taught me to always pull back the sheets of hotel beds and check for bed bugs. While I did not find bed bugs in this hotel, I did find two baby cockroaches crawling between the sheets. Disgusting, I'm sure you will agree. The main light in the room continuously flickered and the smoke detector was loudly "chirping", indicating a dead battery.

I was also taken aback by the outside condition of the hotel. The hotel parking area which was courtyard style with the rooms surrounding it was quite a sight. There were several "hotel guest" of a questionable nature loitering (loudly) in the parking lot, outside of rooms and on the walkways. I realize that hotels cannot control the type of guests that stay at their hotels, but measures should be made to insure a safe and quite atmosphere.

The biggest and most serious problem with my stay was that the room I was given did not have a functioning lock. The door could simply be pushed open from the outside. The deadbolt was broken and the security latch had been busted in so many times the latch was barely attached to the wall. The screws of the latch were missing or only half way screwed into the splintered door frame.

As a female traveling alone, this was a serious problem. With the condition of the room and the seedy looking guests milling around outside, there was no way I would stay in that hotel with a door that could just be pushed open. By the condition of the door latch, the room had obviously been forced open before, for my safety I decided to request a different room.

I called the gentleman at the front desk and relayed to him the condition of the room and the broken lock. He informed me that he had no other rooms therefore he could not change my room. I emphasized that it would not be safe for a young women like myself to stay in a room alone that could just be pushed open. The man at the front desk said he would come to my room and try to fix the lock. The clerk arrived at my room shortly after that but could not fix the lock. He again told me there were no other rooms. I requested my money be refunded, that I would try and stay elsewhere. The clerk told me he could not refund my money. He then offered to give me a room someone had "just checked out of, but they weren't there for long". I thought he was joking, offering me a dirty room....but no he wasn't. I told him I would not stay in a dirty room regardless of the fact that "they were only in it for two hours". He offered to clean the room but that it would be a while, as he was working alone. He then told me he had a room with no air conditioning I could stay in. Being that the the temperature in Turlock was 99 degrees that night, you can understand why I declined that offer as well. I told the clerk it was dangerous and unsafe for me to be staying in a dirty and unsecured room, that I would better off to sleep in my car. I asked the clerk to refer me to another hotel, he suggested the Days Inn, which was the only other hotel in the town. The clerk left and I tried to make other arrangements. Unfortunately, there were no rooms available at the Days Inn. A few moments after the clerk left he called to tell me that he would refund my money if I decided to leave the hotel. At this time it was 11:30 and I was completely exhausted, I told the clerk I would try and stay in the room or sleep in my car if I felt uncomfortable. He said he would try and keep a eye on my room.

So I laid a towel down on the floor (I couldn't sleep on bed because of the cockroaches) and tried to sleep. After about five minutes I heard men outside my door; I grabbed my stuff and went and slept in my car.

I can tell you that I have never had such a horrible experience. The room was so dirty and so unsafe that sleeping in my car with the shady characters in the parking lot was a better alternative then that room.

I contacted the hotel for a refund and they refused to refund my money.

Don't stay here, your better off in a crack house or maybe in jail. Seriously stay far away from this place!

Room Tip: Just stay far away
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank ohmarmot
Show Low, Arizona
Reviewed July 15, 2013

This was not an experience I care to repeat. On the bright side, the air conditioning worked during a summer stay. Employees were nice. Now to the downside: Internet connection worked only briefly during a two day stay. If I, as a male, notice filth, I hate to think just how dirty this place was. If the rooms are not going to be given a complete overhaul, they need a thorough cleaning but the unsanitary conditions were unacceptable. Again, this was a summer stay but housekeeping felt compelled to turn off the a/c so that I could experience the sauna conditions of the room all over again just like when checking in. If you stay here, I hope you like a VERY firm mattress. I cannot recommend this property.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled solo