“Great Quality for the Price”

Candlewood Suites Turlock
Ranked #8 of 11 Hotels in Turlock
Turlock, California
“Great Quality for the Price”
Reviewed November 5, 2011

The front desk staff is friendly and professional, and I will mention Melinda White as being particularly helpful. She gave me a discount rate because I am an educator. Seriously, a 30% discount. The suites are well furnished, complete kitchen, great bathroom, comfortable bed, fitness area, quite room, everything works. It is a new building. Convenient location, next to Cool Hand Luke's Steakhouse, reasonable prices and some unique items that I'd like to try if I'm ever in that area again. Oh, and you get a 15% discount there when you are staying at Candlewood Suites. I would chose this place over any other in the area.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled on business
5 Thank KevinEdD95

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
San Francisco, California
Reviewed October 20, 2011

I have been here one night each week for three months now. Very convenient place to stay, clean rooms, exercise room and laundry facility. Nice restaurant next door also. There is a little store in hotel that has cereal, milk, fruit, some frozen food. One evening they ran out of milk, and someone delivered complimentary milk to my room an hour later. Nice.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled on business
5 Thank xjoex99
Denver, Colorado
Reviewed October 13, 2011

I have stayed at the Candlewood Inn and Suites close to a hundred days within the last year and a half. I have come to know two staff in particular by name who make the experience all the more enjoyable. It is almost as if I were going to stay at a friends or familys house as they make me feel welcome. Candlewood is exceptionally good with making accommodations and I happen to be a very tough customer. Unfortunately there is no breakfast, no pool or Jacuzzi, or even a mint on the pillow but when in Turlock I choose this hotel over any other. The kitchens in the rooms also are a plus and the rooms are typically clean and odor free. However as can be expected for a hotel that allows animals there can be the occasional room that smells. When or if this occurs to me I simply pick up my phone and ask for a different room and without hesitation Im moved. The rooms are o.k., the beds are comfortable, and the price is reasonable however Erica and Peter along with the other friendly staff (except the manager whom was recently fired, she wasn't to nice) is the reason I will continue to comeback time and time again.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled on business
5 Thank Mike B
Bakersfield, California
Reviewed July 20, 2011

My trip to Turlock was for my Son's soccer club for a tournament. Reservations were made through a team sports booking company. Most of the team booked for Friday and Saturday nights, I (along with another family) only booked for Saturday night. When I arrived at the hotel around 2pm to check in I was informed that I was a "no show" for Friday night and full charges had been applied to my credit card. Being a no show they also cancelled my reservation for Saturday night and they are now fully booked. I tried to explain that there must be a mistake on the part of Candlewood and they were not open to that possibility. The employees at the front desk did not offer any solutions to the situation nor did they lift a finger to help me locate another room from another establishment. The same treatment was given to the other family that only booked for Saturday night. After the weekend I verified with the third party booking company that my reservation was correct, and that they sent it over correctly as well. I contacted the sales director for Candlewood and she did acknowledge on the Tuesday following that the mistake was indeed on their part and a refund of my CC charges would be made. It is not the end of the world that a mistake was made, but the lack of action/assistance by the front desk staff is the reason that I would never stay there again. They did ot offer to have the Manager contact me or provide contact names or numbers that I could use to resolve the matter. When I went to a neighboring hotel and found they were booked, their front desk staff immediately picked up the phone and called another hotel to check availabilty for my Son and I so that we did not have to run all over town searching.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
13 Thank SoccerDad4Ty
bbunny2003, Director of Sales at Candlewood Suites Turlock, responded to this review, September 1, 2011
We appreciate you bringing your concerns to our attention regarding your confirmation not being honored. We have taken corrective actions to ensure situations like this does not happen again in the future. We sinserely hope that you would give us the opportunity to make it up to you when you visit Turlock for other soccer tournament in the future. Kind Regards.

Travelers are raving about these Turlock hotels

Reviewed June 25, 2011

Although this hotel is quite new, there is a strange smell when you walk in. The rooms were clan and big, but the walls were very thin. You could hear the tv in the room next door all night. We were also given a room right next to the elevator and it is extremely noisy. It kept us up all night!

Room Tip: Do not get a room by the elevator!
  • Stayed November 2010, traveled with family
3 Thank luvatl
Missouri
Reviewed June 7, 2010

The hotel is new and clean. The room came with a full kitchen and I mean full. A full size dishwasher and frig. Small stove and sink, complete with dishes! The maid only comes once a week or sooner upon request. Which we thought was wonderful. You just have to take your used towels down for exchange for clean ones and empty your own trash. No one bothers you or goes into your room this way. Hooray! The internet service is terrible though. They do have a room with 2 computers in the lobby for use. They do not serve any breakfast. They have snacks available for a price. The staff is very very friendly. Hotel is close to 99 Hwy. No swimmimg pool.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled as a couple
4 Thank cheryl61
Turlock
Reviewed May 3, 2010

I spent months in hotels on business and its difficult to find affordable long stay hotels that are pleasant places.

I tried a 1 bed suite. Its the best I have stayed in anywhere. Admittedly the fact it is a new hotel helps, but its family run and it shows. The staff are real friendly, the laundry is free, it has a gym and all teh facilities i need.

It is also quiet, Thats a relief

I'm sending all our travelling staff to this hotel in future.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled on business
3 Thank johnraymond57
Also consider these accommodations in or near Turlock
Comfort Suites Turlock
Fairfield Inn & Suites Turlock
Best Western Orchard Inn
Holiday Inn Express Turlock
Microtel Inn & Suites

Been to Candlewood Suites Turlock? Share your experiences!