“Nasty-Please re”

Days Inn Turlock
Ranked #9 of 11 Hotels in Turlock
“Nasty-Please re”
Reviewed September 20, 2012 via mobile

My boyfriend and I recently stayed at this location and were not satisfied. We were not provided with conditioner, or hand soap. The coffee machine didnt even turn on, there were public hair in our bed all throughout the bathroom, we had stained towels that had black marks all over them. None of the outlets worked and we had a chair that had very visabile stains on them! You whould think if it's a used chair you would purchase a new one. As we were leaving one of the employees kept asking if we were checking out again and again. We then let the manager know and he said he would take a look. The worst hotel I've ever been too. I will never visit this location again and they should be shut down for the lack of sanitation. I want my money back!!

• Stayed August 2012
DITurlock, Front Office Manager at Days Inn Turlock, responded to this review, October 2, 2012
As the mananger, this is the first I've heard of this issue, so not sure who the guest actually spoke with or if it was even this motel, but comments don't seem to be valid. We have not and do not have any issue with our electrical sockets working, and if a coffee maker was not in working conditon, it would be replaced immediately. While I would acknoweldge there has been some cleanliness issues, we have replaced housekeeping staff as needed and made imrpovements in this area and will continue to monitor rooms with both a head housekeeper, maintenance staff and and as the Front Desk Manager, I will personally be checking rooms randomly for cleanliness, condition and guest satifcation. we welcome all feedback which helps us to continue to make improvements.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Nice
Reviewed September 8, 2012

Made a mistake on booking (thought the place had a good note). Actually the note is not that bad, but definitely cannot apply to my room !!!

One of the dirtiest rooms I ever experienced in the US.
Ok, cheap and I just have realized VERY cheap for California, even though turlock is a "remote", agricultural place.
The bed is DIRTY, stained (I checked for bedbug) like it has actually been recycled from a dump. I'll sleep in my clothes (not sure it prevents anything, but ...).
Neighborhood is dodgy too ...

Hope to survice and promised myself I'll READ review on tripadvisor or booking, not just consider the note !!!!!

Room Tip: AVOID this place !!!!!!!!!!
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
Dphillips209, Front Office Manager at Days Inn Turlock, responded to this review, September 10, 2012
Dear Guest, thank you for your feedback, we appreciate you taking the time to let us know about your experience at our property. I'm sorry it was anything less than satisfactory. There is no excuse for cleanliness issues and I will personally look in to this matter, as well as forwarding your comments to our G.M, Head Housekeeper and Maintenance Staff. Please be assured that we will take steps to correct this matter, including if needed, replacing the mattress in question.

The Daysinn Promise is "as our guest, you can expect warm hospitality and clean, comfortable rooms where everything works, to make your stay trouble-free and enjoyable. We work hard to earn our reputation as The Best Value Under the Sun"

Obviously on this occasion we failed and I am very sorry. Please be assured this is not typical of our rooms and action will be taken immediately to correct this. Thank you again for your feedback.

Travelers are raving about these Turlock hotels

Reviewed July 6, 2012

We were told we got the last non smoking room available. I'm hoping the reason it was so filthy was because they sell the good rooms first. Box spring had holes all over, mattress pad didn't stay on the bed, giant stains on the carpet, smelled like dog pee, all of the furniture was falling apart. But since it was the last non smoking room, I settled in for the night.

The employees were all very helpful though. The maintenance man Omar helped jump my car because the battery died. He went above and beyond and was very nice.

Location is convenient as it is near the freeway and there is a gas station in the same lot. However the clientele is sketchy.

But all in all, it had everything I'd expect out of a cheap room. TV worked, bed was comfy, AC got cold, shower water was hot and coffee in the room. Just wish it was cleaner and less torn up!

• Stayed July 2012
, Front Office Manager at Days Inn Turlock, responded to this review, July 9, 2012
I'm sorry your stay with us was less than complete satisfaction. You may have been given the last non-smoking room but it sounds like the room should have been taken out of service and scheduled for a deep cleaning / maintenance issues.

As our guest, we want you to enjoy warm hospitality and clean comfortable rooms.

Although our rooms are cleaned daily by housekeepers, we have a head housekeeper that inspects the rooms after they've been cleaned to ensure the housekeepers did not miss anything. In addition, we schedule regular deep cleaning which includes shampooing of carpets, cleaning of walls, paint touch ups etc so ensure each guest has a well maintained, clean comfortable room.

In this case, it seems we failed, and I offer my sincere apologies.
Please contact me directly at diturlock@gmail.com or by calling 209-634-2944
So we can discuss a discount on your next stay with us.

I will also pass along your comments to Omar. Thank You.
Darren Phillips. Front Desk Manager, Daysinn, Turlock,, CA.
Reviewed June 25, 2012

My mother-in-law prepaid the room as we were only going to be in Turlock one night and needed a cheap place to stay. As soon as we walked in we realized our non smoking room wreaked of cigarette smoke. Then looking at the carpet we discovered black stains all over the floor. I didn't want to take my shoes off. Then the comforter had burn holes all over it, and a disgusting stain. The desk clerk was rude and refused to refund our room because it was prepaid and we chose not to take another room. Worst service ever. We paid the same price down the road at travelodge for a much cleaner and safer feeling room.

• Stayed June 2012
, Front Office Manager at Days Inn Turlock, responded to this review, June 27, 2012
When the guest reported an issue with the room 'not been clean' after 45 minutes of been in it, the desk clerk checked the room and it was found to be clean, however guest was offered a different room. Guest was refused a refund based on complaint was unfounded and reservation was booked online under a non-cancellable rate. Guest relative stayed in another room and had no complaints.
Bridgnorth, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 23, 2012

It's been mentioned about this place in other reviews but it really is true; you get what you pay for! It's cheap so don't expect a 5 star hotel. For a place to stay when you're on the road it's ok. It's close to the freeway so it's easy to find and you can get going in the morning quickly. We really didn't notice any noise from the freeway as other reviewers did.
The rooms are ok but they could have been cleaner; there is dust in the corners and under the beds but the bed linen and towels were fresh. I didn't think the bathroom was too bad but my wife refused to use the shower and waited until we got to the hotel in San Fracisco.
The buffet breakfast wasn't much as a breakfast goes, but we only wanted coffee which was quite good.
If you're the least bit fussy then I wouldn't stay here, but if you're only looking for a cheap place to get your head down then this motel is ok.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled with friends
Rooms are inspected by our Head Housekeeper after the maids cleans the room on a daily basis. Rooms are scheduled for a 'deep cleaning' on a regular basis between regular cleaning, such as shampooing of the carpets etc. We take pride in making sure each room is clean and comfortable and if we missed something on this occasion, we sincerely apologize.

We are a budget priced motel so our FREE continental breakfast reflects this: Coffee, Juice, Milk, Muffins, Toast, English Muffins, Cereals and Fruit. We also provide FREE Wifi for each room as well as a guest laundry for guest convenience. We appreciate all feedback, good or bad which can help us to make improvements each day.
Upland, California
Reviewed March 21, 2012

It was very basic. Pretty clean, other than stained carpet. Inexpensive hotel towels. I think you get what you pay for here. We had a hard time finding channels on the TV and were told to flip through channels until we found it. Well, we did that several times and NBC was not there. We weren't looking for premium channels, just NBC. The breakfast was basic. Coffee, juice, cold cereal and muffins. It is close to the freeway and you can hear it. It did not keep us awake but you could certainly hear it.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
There are approx 80 TV channels, inc 1 free premium channel - Showtime. TV listing is in the room guide but subject to change by the provider.

Quality of towels has been noted and we recently upgraded to a better quality towel with the 'wyndry' label. We have also upgraded linen to the 'wynrest' label - a better quality product for guest satisfaction.

The Breakfast is a basic continental breakfast, provided at no charge for our guests and includes Frosted Flakes, Raisin Bran, Oatmeal, Bananas, Apples, English Muffins, Bread for Toast, Variety Muffins, Coffee, Tea, Orange Juice, Apple Juice and Milk.

As guest stated - We are located next to 99 off the West Main Exit in Turlock. For this reason, some guests request a room facing away from the freeway on the North side of the building.
Reviewed March 2, 2012

Fine for a night or two. Very basic. Old box tv. Decent location. If you are used to suite type rooms, you won't like it. Bottom line, value = room.

• Stayed March 2012
Dphillips209, Front Office Manager at Days Inn Turlock, responded to this review, November 12, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to leave us these comments, we appreciate it very much. Although we do have older box style 27" TV's (with 80+ channels inc Showtime) All Days Inns will soon be upgrading to flat panel TV's. We are also looking into other guest room enhancements to make your stay with us the best possible. We look forward to seeing you again.