“Clean, Quiet, and Comfortable”

Comfort Suites Turlock
Ranked #5 of 11 Hotels in Turlock
Bonners Ferry, Idaho
“Clean, Quiet, and Comfortable”
Reviewed May 23, 2012

I travel for business and this is one of the best hotels I've stayed at. I was very impressed with every aspect of this hotel from check-in to check-out. Very nice room and one of the most comfortable beds you could spend a night on. Even though it's right next to the freeway, couldn't hear anything in the room other than an occasion door close from other rooms. Breakfast was great with fresh waffles, eggs, sausage, fruit, cereal, etc. Would def. stay here again without hesitation.

Room Tip: Heard from other reviewers to get a room away from the freeway and did....definately recommended, di...
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
South San Francisco
Reviewed March 17, 2012

My friend and I went to Turlock for three days of scrapbooking, and this hotel was about two blocks away, so it was the perfect location. We arrived at 3:00, check in time, and were greeted nicely by the front desk clerk. A manager and a housekeeper were in conversation about a guest issue, but it was well managed. Our clerk asked if our room was available, and the housekeeper said yes. We dragged our stuff upstairs to the third floor, but two maids were finishing up in the room, although the linen had already been changed. They were very friendly and apologetic. A slight SNAFU, but we were fine with waiting in one side of the room for them to finish (although I could see how other guests might be irked). It took them another 5 minutes, and they were also able to help me with a special request as well. Since I'm generally OCD around hotels, it was really nice to see how thorough they were. If they are this meticulous at a Comfort Suites, surely I should be able to find similar at high end hotels, but sadly that's not always the case.

We got settled down before going back downstairs. The fitness center was very small, and since I came back every night past midnight, I never used it anyway. There is an outdoor pool, but I didn't go out there to look at it. The lobby consisted of the front desk area along with the lobby sitting area and the breakfast room along with a desk with a computer with internet access which I didn't look at. Everything was nicely appointed... except for this raggedy orange sofa. The orange fit in with the decor, but the sides of the sofa were torn, so it was not very inviting. Plus it doesn't make a good impression for guests seeing the hotel for the first time. That needs to go!

Although parking is great during the day, it's inadequate at night. It look like both nights the hotel was filled to capacity, but so were the parking spaces. First of all, the spaces were pretty tight. Most were marked compact, but they all looked the same size. At the same time, most of the other vehicles were large trucks or SUVs (some were the size of monster trucks!). Because we got home late both nights, one night we found the best of the worst tight spaces, and the second night, we took the last space which was near the entrance but found out later that a woman in a wheelchair had to park hers near the debris boxes because she couldn't find a handicap space or another space wide enought for her to get out of her car.

Our room had double beds that were very comfortable. We didn't feel any springs; the mattress wasn't too firm nor too soft. We had adequate pillows (at least 4 each), and the comforter was thick enough. We didn't turn on the TV or the AC, so I don't know how they worked. There is a microwave and fridge, but we didn't use them. Since I'm sensitive to noise, I did notice that the fridge didn't make sounds all night like some other ones. I couldn't hear any traffic noise, but I also don't know what our view was since we never got to look out the windows.

The bathroom had adequate towels (3-4 sets of each), was clean (no hair or toothpaste spray left by other people!), and seemed to be in good repair. The fan is perpetually on, so you should close the door when you sleep so that you won't hear the humming noise, unless that helps put you to sleep.

The room next to us was the linen closet and the other side was a guest room. I sometimes worry about being next to the closet because the maids will speak loudly while they work, but I heard nothing. In the morning, I may hear the door slam in a neighboring room, but I would fall back asleep. No screaming children, people making loud phone calls, etc., which tends to gravitate to me. When we left in the morning, one of the maids would greet us. The front desk clerks that I called or saw in person were helpful. WiFi worked and was free.

Free continental and hot breakfast is provided in the dining room next to the lobby. You can make your own belgian waffles; there were premade scrambled eggs and sausage; bulk cereal; milk and juice; whole fruit; and various breads to choose from. I'm not that awake in the morning to enjoy, but it was adequate. I think breakfast during weekends is 6-10, but I'm not sure. The first morning, my friend got down there at 10 to save me some food, and the second morning was when we switched the clocks, so I was still tired. I do remember a young sweet girl who worked there was very mature and helpful and answered some questions. My only suggestion is that they should have a can of PAM for the waffle maker rather than my using butter to stop it from sticking.

There were several other ladies from our group who stayed there and had a couple of negative comment (one said she couldn't get hook up to WiFi, and the front desk clerk didn't give her an adequate response), but they all seemed to be minor things.

We are making this an annual trip, and I will definitely return to this hotel. They seem to be accommodating and helpful, and the room is clean and quiet.

Room Tip: For quiet room, request a room on the third floor away from the freeway with only 1 neighbor!
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank boltnut55
Antelope, California
Reviewed January 5, 2012

Great hotel, clean, great staff, great pricing compared to other Choice Hotel Property. This is a great place and I can recommend it highly.

Room Tip: freeway noise, get a room closer to the pool
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled on business
San Jose, California
Reviewed December 21, 2011

Everything was great!!!! Excellent Customer Service, Nice & Clean Facility.
We will stay here again.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
San Jose, California
Reviewed December 18, 2011

Our stay was very pleasing, very friendly staffs, rooms are clean and my family loved the high speed internet and free breakfast in the morning. We will surely be back.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
2 Thank Andrew S
Surprise, Arizona
Reviewed November 24, 2011

We had a king suite with a roll-in shower. Everything was great except the carpet was a bit thick for a wheelchair. Additionally the door to the bathroom was very difficult to manuever the chair around. However the shower was excellent! Room was right next to 99, but we heard no traffic noise. In fact, we heard no outside noise - exceptional sound-proofing!
Bed was very comfortable, nice TV, sofa(bed),minifridge and m-wave. Very comfortable room and clean! Wifi was quick at night but very slow in the morning. Breakfast had scrambled eggs and bacon, but we had a breakfast date with IHOP. We will stay here again!

• Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple
Sacramento, California
Reviewed November 22, 2011

Nice clean facility, mini-suite, king bed with pillow-top matress. Nice breakfast including eggs and bacon. Will stay here again. Great senior rate!

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank Acuraguy
Also consider these accommodations in or near Turlock
Hampton Inn Turlock
Hampton Inn Turlock
#1 of 11 in Turlock
Best Western Orchard Inn
Fairfield Inn & Suites Turlock
Holiday Inn Express Turlock
Candlewood Suites Turlock
DoubleTree by Hilton Modesto

Been to Comfort Suites Turlock? Share your experiences!