“Couldn’t Be Better!”

Cover's Bakery and Deli
Ranked #1 of 1 Bakeries in Tuolumne
Reviewed April 20, 2018

Cover’s Bakery and Deli is a hidden gem located just off Tuolumne Road between the small towns of Tuolumne and Soulsbyville. The place is located a couple of miles off the main drag (Hwy 108) as you travel through Sonora, but it’s worth the diversion. Originally associated with an apple farm, the restaurant currently offers up tasty breakfasts and lunches. And then the bakery has a variety of pies, jams, candies, etc. There’s a small country store inside the restaurant — and a nearby train ride for the kids. Our visit was vert satisfying!

Date of visit: April 2018

Reviewed January 12, 2018

We had apricot pie with ice cream for Thanksgiving this year. It was gone in no time flat, and I had to promise to serve apricot again next year. And these people are pumpkin pie lovers!

Date of visit: November 2017
Reviewed December 11, 2017

I am still surprised how folks managed to find this place - I would not have known to come here without our friends taking us here. Seems like it is in the middle of nowhere, which adds to its charm.... Apple pie is excellent, food is decent country food, and very hospitable service.

Date of visit: December 2017
Reviewed September 17, 2017 via mobile

I'm very happy that my family and I decided to check this place out. My girls loved playing on the playground and riding the train. We enjoyed seeing the animals that are there as well. The Dutch Apple Pie was excellent!!! We will definitely be back.

Date of visit: September 2017
Reviewed August 9, 2017

This charming bakery and deli is clean, delicious and in an atmosphere that is a pleasure to be sure. They have a lovely area outdoors with some animals and picnic benches and a darling gift shop as well as pastries and goodies to do. They had a section of homemade things to go as well and even whatever is fresh in their garden at the time... apples, tomatoes. Great place.

Date of visit: June 2017