WINNER WONDERLAND

Ranked #10 of 12 Hotels in Tulare
Santa Barbara, California
“Near Downtown Bargain”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 1, 2014

This is one of the Motel 6’s that hasn’t been remodeled yet. For a frequent traveler through the Tulare & Visalia areas, the service and location is still excellent. This is about the 12th time I’ve stayed here when in the mood for budgeted travel, which is quite often. There’s a pool, guest laundry, and all the vending and ice work where others seem to fail due to poor maintenance and triple digit heat. If you take front room, be prepared for some moderate traffic noise. However, this didn’t disturb my sleep. This is one M6 the still sets a good example where other ones of this franchise are noticeably slipping. As I’m acquainted with some of the staff, I shared some photos of the remodeled look from my other M6 stays. They were impressed and told me that this location is slated for the same facelift soon.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled solo
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Everett, Washington
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 6, 2014

It was easy access on and off the freeway and low price but there are lots of other choices nearby and I would recommend making a different choice. The carpets were stained and dirty. There was no hot water at night. We were able to get a downstairs room with outside access which I appreciate but that included much more freeway noise than I anticipated. There was a lot of unusual parking lot activity at times.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank CnD2023

Travelers are raving about these Tulare hotels

Dubai, United Arab Emirates
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 4, 2014

We were on the route and couldnt make to Three Rivers so we exit and choose this hotel. Oh boy, if i had internet in my phone there I would have check before choosing this hotel. It was only for a couple of hours, just to get some sleep, but the hotel was simply crap.

The rooms were old, with small beds and very old covers. The bathroom didnt seem clean and the back parking was so dodgy that I would not walk there not even with Rambo on my side. The carpet was also smelly and for a couple of bucks more I would have stay in a hotel around the corner. Never again. Not even the internet was free and the "continental breakfast" was just coffee in the lobby.

Never Again....

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank RMartinSDXB
Seattle, Washington
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 24, 2014

We stayed here because of the rest of our group that we were traveling with stayed here. The lady checking us in was slow even though there was a group of us only handed out the form to fill out to one person at a time vs. handing out several forms to be filled out to make it more efficent. I asked for a non-smoking room, but got a smoking room...had to go back to the front and wait again. Since I has asthma I can't stay in a smoking room.

She moved us to another room, where the bed spread had cigarette holes in and...it wasn't the cleanest places. We woke up early to leave and all you could smell was sewer outside. I'd never stay here again.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends
1 Thank Erin S
Bakersfield, California
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 10, 2014

We stayed here last minute, It was old, there are drug deals going on the in parking lot. no fridge no coffee maker. And appears the beds have been there forever and looks like there was blood stains on the box spring. This place needs to be shut down or made over. The staff was nice but does no make up the all the tweakers that go al hours of the night. I won't ever being staying here again and don't recommend it. The bath towels were stained. the carpet was nasty

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank Jennifer S
LA Area
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 22, 2013

I stayed at this Motel 6 on my return from Kings Canyon National Park. I arrived at about 10pm. The front desk girl was accommodating as she moved me to another room when I couldn't park my truck in front of the first room. The room was small and clean. The bed was fine, but then I am not a princess. For a bit less than $50 it was worth it. If you need more, than pay over a hundred at some other motel. I would stay there again.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank Theaternut
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 21, 2013 via mobile

Rooms are old, beds are hard tv from 86 was what started night, woke up too a cockroach in my face! Was nasty. Looks like people are living in rooms. Theres a very nice redroof inn next door I will stay there if I ever return . basically do not stay alll motels are same prices this one needs remodeling

Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank Christine b
Motel6, Public Relations Manager at Motel 6 Tulare, responded to this review, July 23, 2013
Dear Christine b - We apologize for the negative experience and room conditions you encoutered during your recent stay; thank you for taking the time to write your review. We take your feedback very seriously and will take it into account as we work to improve our guests’ experience with us. Please consider contacting our guest relations department to report your experience: 1-800-577-3435.