“Basic Accommodations” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #10 of 13 Hotels in Tulare
LA Area
“Basic Accommodations”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2013

I stayed at this Motel 6 on my return from Kings Canyon National Park. I arrived at about 10pm. The front desk girl was accommodating as she moved me to another room when I couldn't park my truck in front of the first room. The room was small and clean. The bed was fine, but then I am not a princess. For a bit less than $50 it was worth it. If you need more, than pay over a hundred at some other motel. I would stay there again.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank Theaternut

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2013 via mobile

Rooms are old, beds are hard tv from 86 was what started night, woke up too a cockroach in my face! Was nasty. Looks like people are living in rooms. Theres a very nice redroof inn next door I will stay there if I ever return . basically do not stay alll motels are same prices this one needs remodeling

Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank Christine b
Motel6, Public Relations Manager at Motel 6 Tulare, responded to this review, July 23, 2013
Dear Christine b - We apologize for the negative experience and room conditions you encoutered during your recent stay; thank you for taking the time to write your review. We take your feedback very seriously and will take it into account as we work to improve our guests’ experience with us. Please consider contacting our guest relations department to report your experience: 1-800-577-3435.

Travelers are raving about these Tulare hotels

Tulare, California, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2013

this is a bad place to stay very rude staff and rooms are small and no fridges. we stayed a night and tryed to get pay for another room and they said no and people where in pool that where not registered so we complaned and they did nothing

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Corning, Calif.
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2013

this motel 6 was on our return home trip, it was not busy at all, the room was clean,
and we got a downstairs, front property room like we requested.
it was the nicest motel 6 in the past 3 nights we stayed at, the clerk was friendly, and acomodating. easy off and on the freeway.
it was not a scary place to stay, we felt safe compared to chula vista, calif motel 6, where security was everywhere there, and needed.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Chicago, Illinois
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2012 via mobile

Worst tv since the 90's. Small room. This place is not good. The sheets appeared clean but were not soft. There was no soap or shampoo in the room. This is probably the worst place I would ever stay. Acceptable if you are poor and exhausted.

• Stayed September 2012
Burney, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2011

I am a truck driver and I tried to stay here. No sooner had I gotten to sleep, ring ring! Wanted me to move my truck. Truck was right where day manager put me. Night manager very rude! Went back to sleep. Bang bang bang! Manager called cops. I suppose if you want to stay at a motel where you want to be treated like second-class citizens, and you don't plan on getting any rest, you might consider this motel. I have to say, my truck was cleaner than the room I was given. The room smelled, and there was hair in the shower. Don't waste your time or your money. Tom Bodet obviously never stayed here in lil' Tijuana.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled on business
Newcastle, Wyoming
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2011

I have stayed at this location several times over the past five years and never had a problem. The rooms have always been clean and everything worked. They are pet friendly and do not charge extra for my dog. This is a basic budget hotel without all the extras you get at more expensive hotels. I don't think I have ever paid more than 40 or 50 dollars for a room and that is about as cheap as you can get.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled solo