“PERFECT ACCOMMODATION” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 13 Hotels in Tulare
Tulare, United States
“PERFECT ACCOMMODATION”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2014

This was the best hotel during our 2-weeks travel in Arizona and California. Large and clean rooms, good Wifi, excellent bed. The staf was friendly and skilfull. The check in /out very efficient and fast. Good value for money!

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (71)
Medford, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2014

Staying in Tulare, the city smells of sulfur or feed lot, I'm not sure which. You won't escape the stench in your hotel room. This hotel is clean, but if your room is on the second floor you get to drag your luggage up a narrow staircase while the lounge crowd stairs at you and your family. The rooms are clean, but the beds are on the soft side - as in sinking in to the mattress. The sink area is tiny and inadequate for a couple's toiletries. Average to good rating. Not recommended.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 stars
    • 2 of 5 stars
    • 3 of 5 stars

Colfax, CA, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2014

If you need a place to stay in this area, this is the place to choose. The staff is friendly and efficient, the rooms are comfortable, and there are added features like the lounge and good breakfast. The motel is on the frontage road next to the freeway but only a few blocks from shopping major restaurants, fast food, entertainment, and area attractions. Visalia with added attractions is just a few miles away.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business

5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2014

Fifty years ago I was born in this town and in the past 10 years there has continued to be growth. I have also stayed in hotels around the world and one thing that usually stands out is how guest are treated on check in and throughout the stay. My two night stay was uneventful, and that's just how I like hotel stays. I want a room, to be to myself or with my family and if I need something, I want to have confidence that the staff will respond to my needs. This property does this. My check in was without a hitch. "Good evening, here's your room key, let us know if you need anything." It just so happened I was nursing an injury and during the second day I didn't want to move so much so I requested a late room cleaning. No problem. I left for an hour and when I returned I could settle back into my room and relax. The bed, comfortable, the breakfast, adequate with hot and cold faires, simple and good to break a fast. Check out was just like check in and I was grateful for everything provided. Will stay again for sure.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled solo
Visalia, California
common_n_hotel_reviews_1bd8 1,199 helpful votes
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2014 via mobile

I must say after looking around for a place due to some events going on in Tulare , and the website saying that there were not rooms available, I decided to call, which Carole answered and wow, she is very professional and totally awesome with customer service I want to be able to talk to someone like Carole everything time I call for a customer service line, Carole went beyond to get me a room and even made sure I could check in at an early time, she sure needs to be a front desk manager, she was awesome. Thank you very much for the help.. Hope to see her there every time I need a room. Now about the room, very clean, from sheets to bathroom, I checked in at 11 am and I saw the house keeping cleaning, so I tested the bathroom and the shower and they did clean it. Over all I will come back if needed and the prices are very reasonable.

Stayed March 2014, traveled solo
3 Thank MONTYHADES
Ontario, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2014

Have stayed here many times and every time it is always clean and friendly. Yes it is older but it is the best kept place I have ever stayed. The breakfast is very good and the dining room is maintained very well with food and clean tables.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business

1 Thank dirthead
Anaheim, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2014

I've been coming here pretty regularly for the past several years (one in Jan and one in Feb) for archery tournaments with my college team (which I help coach). We typically stay at this Best Western for the weekend for the tournament. Thanks to watching shows like "Hotel Impossible" I've learned quite a bit on reviewing hotels and what I can expect for good or superior service. I've noticed the raising reviews on this hotel and realized that this place has been so reliable for our team when we visit, that I decided to give a review to promote this hotel. The Best Western here in Tulare has changed a bit since I first started coming here, and all in a good way. They update their décor, standards, room interiors, and even the breakfast.

When we arrive, the rooms tend to be clean, tidy and with new, clean sheets. I like their new bed spreads, the T.V. has plenty of channels to choose from, and they have decent WiFi. They tend to becourteous behavior, clean standards, and efforts to renew or update their hotel to stay new and competitive. One of their most endearing things they do for us is for breakfast. Apart from greatly updating their breakfast options and layout and food quality (from good to better), they are willing to set up and open the breakfast area early so that that the team and such and actually eat before we head to the tournament. We're usually at an early shift for archery and the lounge doesn't open until usually 7am, but with prior warning/request they're willing to set up and open up for us as early as 5:45am, giving us some time to eat before we have to leave around 6:15am. Since we come in the winter, getting access to a hot meal is a great help for the team and I. We're really appreciative of their accommodating us. if you're traveling to Tulare, I'd recommend the Best Western here as a clean, friendly and reliable place to stay.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends
1 Thank Veronica P
Also consider these accommodations in or near Tulare
Hampton Inn & Suites Tulare
Wyndham Visalia
Wyndham Visalia
#2 of 13 in Visalia
4.0 of 5 stars 595 reviews

Been to BEST WESTERN Town & Country Lodge? Share your experiences!