“Good location and amenities”

Best Western Town & Country Lodge
Ranked #1 of 12 Hotels in Tulare
Reviewed September 25, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here for two nights during a recent trip to the Sequoia Park. This hotel is located about an hour away from the parks entrance. The rooms are big and clean. There is an outside pool and spa. The free daily breakfast has hot and cold items. Its a good value if you want to save some money on hotels closer to the park.

• Stayed: September 2013
BWTulare, General Manager at Best Western Town & Country Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded September 26, 2013

Thank you for posting your comments regarding your recent stay at our hotel when visiting the Sequoia National Park. We're glad you enjoyed your stay and that our location to the park provided value. I hope we have the opportunity to welcome you back soon.

Reviewed September 23, 2013 via mobile

Our western usa road trip now moves us into a one night stop in this hotel in Tulare.

On the whole im disappointed, so much so that after a 10hr drive i just had to write the trip advisor review as ifeel let down by this hotel.

1st the reception guy was cold and bored with his job, maybe life in general . No Warmley welcome nor smiles here.

2nd we were given a room on the second floor. There is NO ELEVATOR and we had 5 large cases. Not nice after a 10hr drive.

3rd the hotel initially has an odour of stale urine in the stair wells.

4th there are ceiling dome security cameras everywhere. Maybe not a negative but questions have to be raised to why?

5th the hotel is much older than it looks in the images. The bathrooms just about hold the bath and toilet and the interior of the hotel and rooms have not been updated since it was built. Still seems to be stuck in the 80s.

I have no idea how this can be a Best Western plus... Very disappointing.

• Stayed: September 2013

It saddens me to read that you had a disappointing experience. On behalf of my team I do apologize for that. I would appreciate the opportunity of discussing with you the problems that you encountered during your stay. Please contact me at your convenience so that we may possibly find a way to restore your confidence in the BEST WESTERN PLUS Tulare. Please do contact me at 559-688-7537 or email at tony@bestwesterntulare.com

Reviewed September 20, 2013

I normally stay at bigger brand name hotels, even if limited service. My trip is personal and I am footing the entire bill. I took the chance of staying here. Front office is very clean, lobby is too. My room is huge! When I walked in my first impression was how clean it is. Dressers, and desk are extremely dated but the rest is up dated. I love the bed! It is perfect, and the pillows are awesome! Hotel is located in walking distance from restaurants, namely Apple Annie's (yummy). Close to the Tulare Ag center also. I would come back to this hotel based on cleanliness, room size, price! It is all good.
Front desk guy is professional. Direct access to the 99 freeway, seconds away. I do recommend this hotel. I travel a lot.

Room Tip: My room is at the very end of the building, it's been really quiet! The room stays perfect in te...
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled solo

Thank you for your detailed review of our hotel and the surrounding area. We are thrilled you received a good value and that our location is convenient. I hope we have the opportunity to welcome you back in the not too distant future.

Reviewed September 18, 2013

I stay here when in town on business. hotel staff are very helpful and friendly. The beds are very comfortable.. not too hard. Breakfast was good with scrambled eggs, sausage and potatoes. I would recommend this hotel when in the area.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Thank you for your comments regarding your recent stay. We strive to deliver consistent quality and service each time our guests stay with us and we take pride in knowing that when business brings you to Tulare you choose Best Western. We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed September 13, 2013

Jackson Tsai has assembled a staff that cares about the comfort and the satisfaction of their guests. The breakfast is great. The manager Tony, has gone out of his way many times to make me feel at home. There isn't a nicer hotel in this price range in or aroun Tulare.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
Reviewed September 12, 2013 via mobile

Very large comfortable rooms with access to drinks facilities and ice. Located close by are a few restaurants and a supermarket. Friendly staff. Breakfast offering ok, however some sort of system needs to be implemented whereby once people have eaten they should be moved on as extreme lack of seating so are left to stand and eat while people sit and talk.

Reviewed September 12, 2013

Stayed one night with Cosmos Tour group and found the Best Western extremely clean, quiet and had very modern assort-
ment of amenities including a micro-fridge and flat screen tv. It was convenient walking to several restaurants nearby and the hot breakfast at the hotel was remarkable. A very pleasant experience although short.

Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends
Also consider these accommodations in or near Tulare
Hampton Inn & Suites Tulare
#1 of 14 in Visalia
Charter Inn & Suites
Charter Inn & Suites
#6 of 12 in Tulare

Been to Best Western Town & Country Lodge? Share your experiences!