“A great value, convenient to Sequoia Nat'l Park”

Best Western Town & Country Lodge
Ranked #1 of 12 Hotels in Tulare
California
“A great value, convenient to Sequoia Nat'l Park”
Reviewed July 1, 2013 via mobile

Family of 4 stayed 1 night after spending the day in Sequoia. Better than average continental breakfast (with sausage, eggs, waffles), well-appointed spacious room. No elevator. Convenient to supermarket, restaurants and stores. About $80/night with AAA discount, less expensive than similar hotels in nearby Visalia. Would definitely stay again.

• Stayed June 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (79)
Cape Town, South Africa
Reviewed June 30, 2013

We stayed here for one night en-route to Yosemite and were pleasantly by the standard, i.e. big clean room and variety at breakfast (with choices of eggs, sausages, potatoes as well as breads, pastries, instant oats, fruit and yoghurt). We'd definitely stay here again

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Cave Creek, Arizona
Reviewed June 21, 2013

We stayed at this Best Western Plus Town & Country Lodge on 6/6/2013. Having stayed at several Best western Plus motels previously we expected the same standards and were happy to see the same standards here. The room was what we expected & the service was great. Not being familiar with Tulare we wanted to eat at a nice quality restaurant & the hotel staff suggested several restaurants. Again we were not disappointed.

The rate was fair, service excellent and the breakfast as expected.

We would recommend this facility if you are looking to stay in the Tulare area.

Room Tip: Best Western have stepped up their standards and quality is now very consistent.
Elk Grove, California
Reviewed June 18, 2013

My family and I stayed one night at this Tulare Best Western Plus. My wife had requested a downstair room but none was available even though we booked on-line at Best Western website. The mini-refrigerator was not on and I had to call the front desk. I can't believe that I to look and turn a knob on the back of the fridge to turn the fridge on. Shouldn't the hotel do this since I'm just a paying customer?

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

BUENA VISTA
Reviewed June 18, 2013

We spent 3 days in Tulare to be able to visit Sequoia. Always appreciate the refridge and microwave at BW especially when we are on the road. I agree with the former report that the breakfast was good but in a crowded area. That is often the case at breakfast time in the hotels that provide breakfast! Nice to have 2 for 1 drink tickets. We were not able to use those but felt the special drink prices at $8 and $9 were steep. The front desk staff was friendly and helpful.
Our favorite place to dine was Figaros Mexican Grill in a strip mall near the hotel.

Room Tip: always an upper floor is quieter. We had partiers next door on Sat night but with the AC and TV we...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Belmont, California
Reviewed June 18, 2013

I found Best Western Plus, Town & County Lodge, while browsing online, as I was coming from the San Francisco Bay, planning my birthday/vacation time, to visit with my niece and grand niece whom are living in a neighboring town, with in-laws. I sure happy I booked this room for 3 nights. My room was clean and comfortable, staff friendly as well a guests, too! Enjoyed a hot breakfast, with many choice, each morning. Also used the pool which was nice as well. Also, there are so many stores, eating choices, etc, which are all so close. If you don't like lugging your stuff up the stairs, then don't stay on the 2nd floor, as there is not a elevator. Minor complaint about the room (I stayed 3 nights), would like to had towels racks (notices in room even say, to be green, re-use towels), which I would have, if I could dry them. Also, a little space, around fridge/microwave area would be nice. Bottom line, YES, I would recommend and YES, I would/will be staying again.

Room Tip: Only tip I have, if you have lots of stuff to get in your room, stay on the bottom floor, as there i...
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Also consider these accommodations in or near Tulare
La Quinta Inn & Suites Tulare
#2 of 14 in Visalia
Comfort Suites
Comfort Suites
#5 of 12 in Tulare

Been to Best Western Town & Country Lodge? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Best Western Town & Country Lodge

Property: Best Western Town & Country Lodge
Address: 1051 N Blackstone St, 99 Freeway and Prosperity Avenue, Tulare, CA 93274
Location: United States > California > Tulare
Bar / Lounge Business Center with Internet Access Fitness Center with Gym / Workout Room Free Breakfast Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Free Parking Children Activities (Kid / Family Friendly) Pets Allowed ( Dog / Pet Friendly ) Spa Suites Swimming Pool Wheelchair access
#1 Family Hotel in Tulare
#1 Best Value Hotel in Tulare
#1 Business Hotel in Tulare
Hotel Class:2.5 star — Best Western Town & Country Lodge 2.5*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, Best Western, Hotwire, Priceline, Cancelon, Cheap Tickets, getaroom.com, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Best Western Town & Country Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Best Western Plus Town & Country Hotel Tulare