“Workers' heaven”

Best Western Town & Country Lodge
Ranked #1 of 12 Hotels in Tulare
Reviewed October 19, 2012

The check-in was fast and the lady friendly and helpful. As usual we found a nice big and clean room. The breakfeasts was very good. The only thing was that 90% of the hotel was taken by workers that were loud and we could tell smoked in there room. They visited each other and we could hear the noise of the doors banging. The thing is we love best western. It is our favorite hotel until now.

Room Tip: Ask for a room far from the lounge on the upper floor.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple

Reviewed October 19, 2012

This is my newest favorite place to be and will be staying here many more times. The streets in the area were a slight headache to navigate, but once i found the hotel it was amazing. The front desk clerk Sal had checked me in and was very friendly and extra accommodating when it came to room selection. I wasn't 100% pleased that housekeeping didn't wait very long to come into the room after they knocked and woke me up from an late morning nap. The breakfast was very nice, lots of great selection with HOT foods included. The room itself was very clean and comfortable. Checkout was simple and quick, they lady who checked us out was very friendly and polite as well!

Room Tip: Just ask for what you'd like! They're very accommodating.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 11, 2012

The front staff was excellent and management was giving out buy one drink and get one free can't beat that not that we drink but it was a nice gesture. The rooms were large compared to most in the industry (I spend 100 night a year in them i know) plenty of room for the king size bed with a chair and table and nice flat screen tv. We stayed close to the Pool,bar,hot tub and used them all the staff throughout the buildiing were very nice and kind. The free breakfast the next morning was excellent and plenty of everything I wish to thank the food staff for keeping everything hot and lines moving fast.
We enjoyed our stay can't be beat for under 85. and free drinks and free breakfast (that couldn't be matched for under $25 in a restaurant.). Great place to stay before you get to the Sequoia National forest. Oh yea the bed was real comfy :)

Room Tip: eat dinner next door looks iffy but the food is great... Stay away from cool hand lukes unless you l...
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed October 1, 2012

I've been staying at the Best Western Plus Town and Country in Tulare, Ca. for over a decade. I find myself in Tulare and the surrounding area on business quite frequently and I always stay at the Best Western.
The staff is very helpful and friendly. The rooms are always clean and well kept. As is the hotel grounds. When there have been issues, they are remedied immediately.
There is free internet access, a very good hot breakfast and a decent selection of television channels. There is also a wide varienty of restaurants and stores very close to the hotel.
As I said, I stay when I'm in town on business but I would stay for personal. I highly recommend this hotel. In fact, when I stay out of town in other places I alway look for a Best Western because of my years of great experience with the Best Western in Tulare.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Kevin R
Reviewed August 21, 2012

We stayed two nights here while we visited the Sequoia Nat'l Forest. The room was clean and comfortable. My welcome from the night receptionist was not all that great. We arrived late and there had been an issue with our credit card so when I got there I got griped out about it and was told I was lucky she didn't cancel my room. It was the credit card company's problem...not anything I did. I realized she was frustrated (and probably should have cancelled the room based on company policy) but I didn't appreciate being scolded like a child. It could have been handled much better. She also wasn't very happy I had children with me and asked if they would be quiet because she didn't want them waking up other travelers. She even asked if they were the kind of kids to jump up and down on floors and beds. So rude. She did however give me a great little guidebook and directions to Sequoia Nat'l Forest which I appreciated. The other night receptionist was very nice. I would stay again because the price, location and cleanliness of the rooms were great. Just don't bring any loud kids!!

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
BWTulare, General Manager at Best Western Town & Country Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded September 27, 2012

Thank you for staying with us while on your way to the Sequoia National Forest. We appreciate your feedback because it helps improve our service to guests like you. We’re glad your overall stay was a “good value and great stay” despite the poor customer service you received at check-in. We sincerely apologize, and have used your feedback as an opportunity to retrain our staff and make sure all our guests receive excellent service at check-in in the future. If you’re ever in our area, we hope that you’ll consider us again.

Reviewed July 26, 2012

Good value option if you have to spend one night on your way between LA and Sequoia National Park. Tulare is a small city and restaurants are closing early… The receptionist advises where very helpful. Nothing special about the rooms.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience regarding your stay. Having a response from a tripadvisor Senior Contributor means a lot and we’re glad that you found our hotel to be a good value. Since your last stay, we’ve begun the process of upgrading our bedding package to include triple sheeting to enhance our room décor. If you happen to be in our area, we hope to earn your business again.

Reviewed July 25, 2012

We have stayed at this hotel on atleast 3 occasions. They offer great customer service a wonderful breakfast. If you are in the area I would give them a chance I'm sure you will be satisfied. The hotel is walking distance to a great steak house.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business

Thank you for choosing us each time you’re in Tulare; we appreciate your business. Our staff strives to make each guest experience great and we take pride in knowing that you’ve enjoyed your multiple stays with us. Next time you visit, please let us know what you think of our new hallway carpet and our Lounge now serving food. We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Tulare
Hampton Inn & Suites Tulare
#2 of 14 in Visalia
Hampton Inn Visalia
Hampton Inn Visalia
#1 of 14 in Visalia

Been to Best Western Town & Country Lodge? Share your experiences!