Best Western Town & Country Lodge
Village Inn(Tulare)
$54
$75
Travelocity
Charter Inn & Suites(Tulare)(Great Value!)
$73
Savings alert! 13% below average rates

The price you found is 13% lower than this hotel's average rate of $84/night.

$79
Orbitz.com
All reviewsbest westernssausagethe past yearsno elevatorwafflesroom was cleanplace to stayhot breakfastfront desk staffplenty of parkingfresh fruitlong drivesequoia national parkgreat breakfastfirst floorstayed one nightgreat room
Reviewed September 9, 2011

It's already been about 3 weeks and I like to include more detail than this, so I apologize in advance. My main impression as I was there was that alot of the glowing reviews were because of the bar on site. Alcohol tends to improve the opinion of many. That being said, once I got over a slight letdown (I don't drink), I was very pleased with the motel.

The beds were comfortable, the service was kind and considerate, the room was recently remodeled and had a large flat panel TV. The pool was decent and small as they usually are at Motor Inns.

Even with the Tulare early morning farm odor that permeates the area most days, the value trumps it and we would stay here again for a quick, easy, cheap motor stop.

We also recently stayed at the Quality Inn Tulare and the Charter Inn Tulare. All 3 are superior and can be trusted. I rank Charter #1, Best Western (this one) #2, and Quality #3. All 3 were good enough to be tops for me.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
2  Thank marcjenks
Reviewed September 6, 2011

We stayed here 8/22 for one night on our way from Yosemite to Las Vegas. The next moring we realized we had stayed here 12 years ago. I wish I could remember the gentlemen who checked us in, for he was so fast and efficient. We have never been checked in with such efficiency before in our lives and we travel alot. Pleasat personnel and accommodating. This is a great great place to stay. Rates are excellent, especially for what you get. Rooms are spacious, clean and beds are very very comfortable. There is a bar/lounge in this Best Western and was full the night we got there. The breakfast line has over 12 tables to sit at, and you get eggs, sausage, biscuits, gravy, waffles, cereal, fruit, beverages. It is not a continental breakfast. One would be very pleased with this. We did not use the pool so can not comment on the pool. We did use the laundry and unlike a previous hotel that charged $2.50 a load, they charge $1.00 per wash and per dry. We really can't say enough about what a great place this was to stay at and we will if in the area definitely stay here again.
Craig & Jane Ryerson, Bethel, Maine

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank carjar95
Reviewed September 5, 2011

Yearly we take a trip south and spend the night here. Solid Best Western accomodations, big, clean rooms and a fantastic hot breakfast with good variety in the am. Fun lounge/bar and at check in they give you drink vouchers to use (buy one/get one). I utilize Best Westerns when I have to hotel it and the Tulare Town and County Lodge is tops.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed September 5, 2011

Second time I've stayed at the Best Western Town and Country Lodge, and this one was even better. Not only has the room been updated (new countertops and nicer lobby area), but the breakfast had even more offerings (do-it-yourself waffles, yogurt, hard boiled eggs, strong coffee) and the lounge bartender was even fun in the evenings. We had spent a long day at Sequoia National Park and coming back to a refreshing dip in the pool, Direct TV, and a good night's sleep was just the thing. I even snuck in a workout in the gym (small but good utility value).

Stopping at Tulare really broke up the long drive between LA and San Francisco; I would do that again. Was really impressed that even with a full house, I felt like I was getting good service from an attentive staff at the Best Western. Thanks!

Room Tip: Check in early and drop off the bags before going outlet shopping!
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank ladodgerone
Reviewed August 30, 2011

It seems whole property has been remoldeled not too long ago. Spacious room with two queen beds, updated HDTV set with nicely bundled cable TV programs, comfortable bath room. Although I only stayed there for one night, I feel this is a home away from home.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled as a couple