All reviewsbest westernssausageno elevatorwafflesroom was cleanplace to stayfront desk stafffirst floorplenty of parkinglong drivefresh fruitsequoia national parkgreat breakfaststayed one nightcentral valleycontinental breakfastafter a long day
Reviewed August 23, 2011

My friend and I planned a trip to Yosemite on 8/6 but the weekend was all sold out in the area. So we decided to drove closer from LA on 8/5 evening to stay over in Tulare and head up to Yoaemite in the morning. I stayed at this hotel before and was amazed to see the hotel has totally renovated. The Deco in the Lobby made me feel
Welcome and the 2nd Lobby near the Bar area was spacious and relax. I noticed the hotel had upgrade to Best Western Plus and the room we stayed has more
amenities. We had a good night sleep and enjoyed their breakfast buffet before heading to the National Park.

• Stayed: August 2011
1  Thank BRYCECANYON
Reviewed August 7, 2011

I've stayed here every three weeks for about the last 6 months. I go up to this area for business in nearby Corcoran, however, I have been told that the only people who stay at the lodgings in Corcoran are the families of the prisoners in Corcoran . . . not very safe. So I go the extra 13 miles and stay here. Great friendly staff. Great hot breakfast. Looks to me that there is a mix of families and workers visiting the area. Fast Internet connections. Plenty of parking.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank SDBeachbum
Reviewed July 13, 2011

We stayed at the Best Western Town and Country Lodge in July, and used it as a home base to make two day trips to Sequoia and King's Canyon National Parks. It is about fifty miles from the parks, depending on which entrance you use to enter the parks. This hotel is not special in any way, however it is very clean, quiet, and comfortable. We were able to relax there after our long days in the parks. The room was well furnished, comfortable, and clean. It had no view, other than some ugly trees in the back side of the hotel. It was a quiet room however, and we didn't hear other guests at all. The breakfast was sparse, the usual fare at these types of establishments. Nothing to write home about really. It was a boring little hotel, in a boring little town. I don't say that to disparage the place, on the contrary, it was everything we needed, and it served our purposes well.

I think next time I go to the parks, I would stay closer to the parks, and try to get one of the hotels that are near the entrances. There are several of them and there is always the Wasakuchi Lodge up at the top of Sequoia National Park. The reason we didn't go with them was that they were booked already. The Best Western is a bit far from the parks, but it was a nice drive I have to admit.

If you have time, you should take the 245 highway north, after leaving Visalia on the 198. By taking this road, you can enter King's Canyon park, It is a very beautiful country road, with olive trees and quaint farms and little towns. It will take you longer to get there this way, but I think it is worth it if you want to see some untraveled beautiful California countryside.

For dinner I would try Cool Hand Luke's which is down the road from the Best Western. It has good barbecue that we enjoyed. Costco is not far from the motel also, and we gassed up there on our way to the park.

All in all, this motel is worth the price we paid for it and we enjoyed our stay there. It is Tulare after all, and you can't expect too much other than that.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the back side of the building...it's quieter
  • Stayed: July 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Jon M
Reviewed July 5, 2011

We just spent one night here in our way to LA. We enjoyed good service, friendly staff, veery clean room and a fair price. Upon request, they accommodated us in a quiet room and we had a restful night. We will definitely be back.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 25, 2011

No big frills at this place. But there is a lounge with a very friendly bartender and a pool that is pretty peaceful and clean. The front desk staff was great. Good experience.

• Stayed: June 2011