“Wet & Worthless” 1 of 5 stars

Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Seating, Takeout
Visalia
“Wet & Worthless”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2013

This is the worst Mexican food I have ever tasted!
Let's talk rice and beans first, since that is the standard side dish;not a fan of peas and corn mixed into the rice and the beans were certainly not from the pinto family, more like a northern and way too creamy! Never had cheese smothered over my Chili Verde!? And the red sauce spread over my tamale should have been spicy rather than sweet.
Now for the wet part of my title...the server spilled not one but two glasses of iced water all over me and my date and did nothing but offer an apology, how about a towel? I dropped a few F bombs and would have left but we were with several other family members there to listen to the Mariachi band and that's where the worthless part comes in! YUCK!

• Visited April 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars

California, United States
“Always good”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2013

Fresh food, awesome recipes, I have never had a bad experience in this restaurant. A little pricey but you won't be disappointed wth the food. Black beans are to die for, stuffed rib eye, oh my.

• Visited November 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars
    • 3 of 5 stars
    • 5 of 5 stars
    • 5 of 5 stars
Porterville, California
“Different and New Entrees”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2013

Went there after Christmas Shopping. We had never been there. Nice hacienda type feel to restaurant. We had dished I had never tried before, flank steak stuffed with cheese and sauted onions and peppers, which was quite good. A nice new place to try for myself and my husband.

Visited December 2012
1 Thank Cynthia J
SoCal
“Good food, large portions”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2012

Decent quality and pleasant servers. Well rounded menu of the standard Mexican fare.
Have eaten here several times over the years

Visited October 2012
Tulare, CA
“Get the sampler!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2012

I used to come here every weekend for karaoke...now that I have kids we still come here occasionally for one item: the sampler. This thing is huge and feeds me and my husband, with leftovers to take home. It comes with chicken, chimichangas, quesadillas, tacos...you name it. the staff is always great as well. The only reason i didn't give 5 stars is the bar could use some help. I told the bartender how to make a Blade one time and he still completely messed it up. Other than that its a great place to eat.

Visited May 2012