“A great experience for tourists”

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Vallarta supermarket mexican food
Ranked #12 of 104 Restaurants in Tulare
Cuisines: Mexican
East Grinstead, United Kingdom
“A great experience for tourists”
Reviewed July 27, 2014

As Brit tourists to find a Mexican supermarket was a treat. Our home one boasts a collection of Mexican coffee cups and herbs ... Brilliant

Visited June 2014
1 Thank 147ChrisB

Cambria, California
“Not a Restaurant”
Reviewed January 17, 2014

This is a supermarket and though they have food do not compare them with Whole Foods who have great food. I did not like their food at all, ugh!!!!!!

• Visited November 2013
texas
“Like a kid in a candy store!”
Reviewed September 10, 2013

We were pleasantly surprised by the deli and bakery section. There was so much to choose from! There were various types of desserts, mexican bread, fruit beverages, cakes and different types of mexican food. The soft tacos were good and the strawberries and cream were delicious! The prices seemed a little steep but that might just be California.

• Visited August 2013
Elizabethtown, Pennsylvania
“What an interesting place!”
Reviewed August 28, 2013

We were looking to pick up some food for lunch to eat when we got to Sequoia NP. We had limited cooler space so we had to be careful. The clerk at the La Quinta Inn suggested we go here and what a surprise. We knew it was a Mexican supermarket but I didn't know quite what to expect.
They had a variety of cut up fruit that you can buy by the pound or pre-packaged. Not much in the way of sandwiches. They had a selection of breads and big cookies. The bread was good but the cookie- not so much.
They had a whole selection of hot foods to choose from - and I couldn't quite tell what some of the stuff was! I would have try some of it if we were going to eat it right away but lunch was a few hours away and we didn't have a way to heat it up. oh well.
The way they displayed the fresh fruit & vegetables and the meat in the meat dept was very eye-pleasing.
I would go back if I was in the area again. It's a chain so we went to another one later on in our trip. It was the same setup.

Visited June 2013
1 Thank safety_princess
Pforzheim
“Great supermarket experience!”
Reviewed June 1, 2013

I didn't use the deli section they had, but I was impressed by the overall look of the supermarket. Everything was extremely clean, and employees made sure that it stayed that way. I have never seen fruit and vegetables stacked up that neatly! Really great to see that. They also had a lot of Mexican items, which was amazing, because I looked for some variety. We also tried some of the bakery goods which were very good. At the same time, prices were cheap. If I was in the area again, I would prefer Vallarta over any Walmart!

• Visited May 2013