“Italian surpize in farm town”

La Piazza Ristorante Italiano
Ranked #5 of 107 Restaurants in Tulare
Cuisines: Italian, Seafood, Steakhouse
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Fresh, homemade Italian cuisine specializing in steak, seafood, veal, lamb & Your favorite Pasta! Bread baked daily by chef/owner. Homemade gnocchi, tiramisu as well as sauces, etc. Fresh squeezed cocktails,beer & California-Italian wines. Casual-fine dining restaurant in an Italianesque atmosphere. Romantic & family areas. Private banquet room available. Family owned since 2005. Ample parking. East of Hwy 99, near hotels & shopping.
Reviewed November 5, 2012

We have eaten here twice on our way to N. CA. It is a fancy little island in a farm town. The steaks are great but very pricey. Pasta dishes are good, in our limited experience. You can tell it is a local eatery, especially on the weekend. A nice relaxing atmosphere with an upscale feel.

LaPiazzaItalian, Owner at La Piazza Ristorante Italiano, responded to this reviewResponded November 7, 2012

Thank you,Jan, for your kind review and that you were surprised to find us in the dairy capital of the US!

Reviewed October 9, 2012

i love this restaurant and have been many times,
I have recommended it to many friends and often suggest we go there if meeting for dinner. I have never been disappointed.
The staff are fantastic, the food is delicious and so is the wine.

cannot recommend it highly enough!

LaPiazzaItalian, Manager at La Piazza Ristorante Italiano, responded to this reviewResponded October 16, 2012

Dear RiaG720, Thank you for your high recommendation and continued patronage. We appreciate it very much! Melina

Reviewed October 3, 2012 via mobile

Just off Freway 99, in a town famous for it's farm show, I would hardly expect to find a place like this. Authentic gourmet Italian food as good as I've had anywhere. While I tend toward the tortellini, I have never been disappointed with trying something different here. The tiramisu is the must try item. Last time we went, my wife and I ordered 3 different deserts to take home and split over the remainder of the weekend. If you're in town for the farm show, or the antique farm show, or if you're just driving that long stretch of Fwy. 99, it's definitely worth stopping in!

Thank you honest J for your wonderful review. When I first starting eating the chef-owners food tortellini alla panna & tiramisu were my favorites too. Now I have so many favorites! Melina

Reviewed July 22, 2012

Two adults, two children on a week night. The service was prompt and attentive. Spouse had lasagna and I the veal parmigiana. The children’s menu is limited; they can have spaghetti or they can have spaghetti. The older boy ordered a seafood Alfredo petite portion [half-price of the adult cost plus $2.00]. The lasagna was declared good, but nothing to distinguish it from frozen Stouffers. The veal parmigiana was ample [three pieces] but well covered in thick cheese [not lightly sprinkled with grated parmesan], like it was so poor it had to be disguised. Total bill [one glass house Chanti] was $66.00; not exorbitant but over priced for the quality. I’d classify this establishment as a “wannabe” Italian restaurant, but probably using other than a qualified Italian chef.

Reviewed July 17, 2012

pizza is different here, but still good pizza. May be back

LaPiazzaItalian, Manager at La Piazza Ristorante Italiano, responded to this reviewResponded July 24, 2012

Thank you for your kind review. I am glad you enjoyed our food, but we do not actually have pizza. La Piazza is a word that means plazza or town square. Most cities in Italy have at least one piazza.

Been to La Piazza Ristorante Italiano? Share your experiences!