“Still Terrific!”

Vejar's Mexican Restaurant and Cocktail Lounge
Ranked #37 of 105 Restaurants in Tulare
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed August 28, 2012

This has been in Tulare for a long time. Really, a "hole in the wall' kind of a place across from the fairgrounds. Several smal rooms, one is a cocktail lounge, the rest is restaurant. I haven't eaten ther since I was a teen, but the food is just great! I stopped by on my way to Sequoia. I had the Tostada Compuesto, and it was delicious, and way too big. Everything was fresh and crisp, and the chile verde was perfect. Love this place.

There are newer reviews for Vejar's Mexican Restaurant and Cocktail Lounge

Reviewed July 27, 2012 via mobile

Vejars on K street is one of my favorite places to go in Tulare. Wonderful Mexican food. The salsa and chips are delish. I just love their cheese enchilada plate. But overall they are wonderful. They do serve breakfast, but I haven't tried that yet. I am sure it is just as good as lunch.

Reviewed June 20, 2012

Usually when i'm here its on a friday or saturday night when they have the "club" thing going on...and if I was gonna rate it solely on that it wouldn't be a good review...its always too packed and i'm pretty sure over capacity...theres no where to sit and you can't walk anywhere. The bartenders are great though! But as far as rating it as a restaurant, they're great. The food is pretty good and the waitresses are great too. The portions are a good size and I go ape-[--] over the sweet & sour sauce with the chips. Vejars has become like a staple for Tulare, so if you're from out of town its a must.

Reviewed June 1, 2012

This is a Mexican food place and the food was very good and plentiful. The restaurant had a large seating area and there was a lot of noise. I would probably eat there if in Tulare again.

Reviewed March 25, 2012

Family recipies been here forever. Great food and a bar too.