“not much to do at tulare” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Charter Inn & Suites

Charter Inn & Suites
Ranked #6 of 13 Hotels in Tulare
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
“not much to do at tulare”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2013

Room is large, sheets are clean but carpet is really dirty. Air cond/heater is very noisy. Breakfast is fine, bread, bagel, waffle, yoghurt and lots of coffee and juices. There isn't much to do in Tulare though, we travelled to Visalia for the farmer's market as the one in Tulare us on another day. Found a really authentic Mexican restaurant called Vejars, fantastic food. Very popular. We stayed here for a night before going to the Sequioa National Park the next day. Its slightly more than an hour away. Would stay at Three Rivers if we have the chance to do it again. Its much nearer to the park and the nearby Lake Kaweah is beautiful.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 stars

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2013

After traveling for 2 weeks this was far the beat place we stayed. The rooms were great and spacious. Amenites were great they have eveything you need.The breakfast was by far great. The young lady vanessa at the front desk when we checked in was awesome we even had to take a pic of her to remember her by!

• Stayed May 2013
Sedona, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2013

Very clean rooms,great staff has everything you need away from home.Would stay again everytime.lots of Amenities.Only regret is pool and hot tub closes at 10.Your paying for service should be able to use as adult

• Stayed May 2013
Staunton, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 11, 2013

Awesome place for money, best place we stayed at over 10 days. Very nice, GREAT breakfast, free wireless wifi. Refrigerator in the room that worked! The breakfast had bacon, eggs, waffles with strawberry and whipcream topings, yougurt, lots of coffee and juice. THe rooms were very clean and very spacious!! Close to restaurants but not walking, try the Black bear diner just down the street. (by car)

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
France
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2013

Very nice and charming hotel well located near the road to go to Sequoia Park ; the lobby is very nice and the service extremely good ; we had 2 rooms and they changed the configuration of our booking to allow less walk for our children .
Swimming pool is nice and you feel at home in this hotel; rooms are very spacious and breakfast was also good . we asked for dinner around and they gave us plenty of good address . there is a small mall in front to have an expresso .

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Tracy, California, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2013

First off, I had extremely high expectations for this hotel, given all of the positive reviews and the website information about the property...all of which turned out to be misleading, or a flat out lie!!! When arrived at the hotel, that I booked in THE FIRST WEEK OF MARCH, I was told that they had "accidentally" overbooked the hotel, and that I would have to move the Best Western...uh, Okay? I was then told to "hold on, let me see what I can do" by the front desk clerk, as if she were doing me some sort of favor. After about 15 minutes or so, she came out to inform me that they had "found" a room for me...great, right? Not so fast ! I then inquired about the free "happy hour" advertised on their website, which boasted of "free beer, wine and snacks." I was told that the "free" beverages were actually $2.50 a pop, and that they have "...been trying to fix that on the website, but it just won't stay fixed"...what???!!! As we finally headed upstairs to our room, I knew we were in trouble, as the distinct smell of cigarette smoke began to invade my nostrils as soon as i stepped off of the elevator in this "non-smoking" establishment. Once inside the room, the smell of stale smoke was so intense that my daughter, who is slightly asthmatic began to cough. I headed back to the desk and asked if there were any non-smoking rooms available...of course there were none, since "all of our rooms are non-smoking, someone must have thought it was a smoking room, since we ran out of door signs"...(again, what???!!!). When I got back to the room, I immediately noticed stains on the walls and switches. There was also either dried splattered feces or blood on the back of the toilet that couldn't be seen with the lid up, as well as a puddle of liquid on the floor that seemed too far from any water source to be just water (?). Needless to say, I began to question all of the housekeeping standards of this location's staff. At this point, we had enough and just wanted out. I went down to tell them about all of our issues, and they were apologetic (albeit only slightly). I was then told that I "probably wouldn't be charged anything", but if I saw charges on my card, I could call the GM and "ask for a reversal" of the charges. Charges for a 10 minute stay...insult to injury is putting it mildly. Do yourself a favor, and stay at the Fairfield Inn And Suites around the corner, there's nothing to see here!

• Stayed April 2013
    • 1 of 5 stars
    • 1 of 5 stars
    • 2 of 5 stars
Grass Valley, Ca
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

My hubby, 9 yo and I walked into the lobby, hot and tired after a long day's drive, hoping for a quiet swim, a soak in the hot tub, and a peaceful night's sleep. But. There were people everywhere. It was a noisy, festive atmosphere and, upon making inquiries, we were told there were multiple children's basketball teams staying there, along with parents and coaches.

I expressed some apprehension about getting a quiet night's sleep, and the lady behind the desk said, "Oh, it's going to be really loud." She then assigned us a room on the 3rd floor. Children were running up and down the halls, yelling and laughing. When we opened the room door, spirits already sagging, a thick cloud of smoke wafted around us. It was a smoking room and we were non-smokers.

We shlepped back down to the front desk and explained the problem to the non-sympathetic young lady. Suddenly the other person working there, Alex, jumped in, ascertained the problem, and escorted us upstairs to a non-smoking room. He promised to speak with the coaches about the noise, and said that he personally would monitor the situation, asking for acceptable volumes of noise. Later he called and offered us, unasked, a healthy discount for our inconvenience.

It wasn't long before we heard a coach bawling out the kids for their behavior in the hallways. Alex really made good: we had a peaceful night's sleep. This dedicated young man turned our experience around in a most pleasant way.

The hotel itself was clean and enjoyable. The hot tub was great. The pool was really cold, but that didn't stop the kids from jumping in and having fun. Breakfast was good, with a large selection of food.

I only hope that Charter looks a little more closely at the people it places behind the front desk: they can really make, or break, the experience.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank JennyGrassValley
Also consider these accommodations in or near Tulare
BEST WESTERN Town & Country Lodge
Quality Inn Tulare
#7 of 13 in Tulare
4.0 of 5 stars 97 reviews
Fairfield Inn & Suites Visalia Tulare

Been to Charter Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!