Charter Inn & Suites
  • Pool
$79
Village Inn(Tulare)
$54
All reviewswafflesfront desklarge tubexcellent valueoutlet mallpotatoestortillasaffordable pricehot breakfastnice breakfastquick stopcoffee makerincluded breakfastvery nice place to stayfree wifinight staysequoia national park
Reviewed December 18, 2012

I stayed at this hotel from November 5th to December 18th. You would think that after being there seven weeks straight I would have a lot of bad things to say, on the contrary, all I have is praise. Jessica and Vanessa at the front desk made this a pleasant experience. They made sure to have fresh baked chocolate cookies ready for us each day which was a nice treat after a long day of work, they are also pretty humorous. The Hotel has a propane BBQ which we used frequently and the girls (Jessica and Vanessa) made sure it had propane in it and that plates and silverware were available. The hotel has a big lobby with flat screen and fireplace. Rooms are spacious and clean. Thanks again for the wonderful stay and the Christmas gift Charter Inn Staff.

Room Tip: Stayed in a couple different rooms, all of which were good. Laundry is on second floor so if your going to be there awhile might want to request a room on the second floor.
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank james T
Reviewed November 5, 2012

We stayed one night, but if we are ever to travel in tha area again, I would definltly stay again. Nice room, location of hotel was close to freeway. It was so nice to check in & then relax in the lobby over some complimentary appetizers ( cheese, crackers & veg with dip. As it was so hot outside, they hit the spot nicely. They also offer beer & wine for sale, which we also enjoyed.
Had a good nights sleep in the comfy bed & went to the breakfast buffet. I was pleased with the variety & choice of foods, & plenty of it too. The sausage was good. I also used the business center ( free pc with internet) & it was nice & quiet.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank lov2wonder
Reviewed September 21, 2012

While on vacation, we stayed in eleven different motels. Charter was the best of all. Great room, great service and great breakfast. This was the best experience. We would highly recommend this place.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 13, 2012

We checked in late at night for an overnight stay while travelling. The hotel was near the freeway exit, but not right on the highway, which I liked. The room was very clean and the bed was very comfortable, with lots of pillows. I had no issues with the room. The breakfast was easy, and there was a good selection for an expanded continental breakfast, including waffles and eggs and bacon. The employees seemed to refill items as soon as they ran low. Check out was easy and I had no problems with anything. I would look forward to staying there again when I pass that way.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed July 29, 2012

This is a great place to stay if you want to unclog your own toilet. I came
back one night to find my toilet was clogged and called the front desk. They told me they would bring a plunger right up! They delivered the plunger to my room with a smile and told me to "have a good night", while I stood there stunned. This is also a great place to stay if you want things stolen from you, little things like toothpaste, newly purchased bottled water from the vending machine , and expensive makeup. There was a large group of us staying here for an event being held in town. Upon checkout we all started chatting and found many of us had things taken. I complained at the front desk, I'm sure they don't care. No kind of compensation or effort to right the wrongs were offered. However, the free breakfast was good, and the rate was reasonable. It's a good thing because I had to stop on the way home to buy more toothpaste!

• Stayed: July 2012