“Excellence in all things”

Charter Inn & Suites
Ranked #6 of 12 Hotels in Tulare
Reviewed November 5, 2012

We stayed one night, but if we are ever to travel in tha area again, I would definltly stay again. Nice room, location of hotel was close to freeway. It was so nice to check in & then relax in the lobby over some complimentary appetizers ( cheese, crackers & veg with dip. As it was so hot outside, they hit the spot nicely. They also offer beer & wine for sale, which we also enjoyed.
Had a good nights sleep in the comfy bed & went to the breakfast buffet. I was pleased with the variety & choice of foods, & plenty of it too. The sausage was good. I also used the business center ( free pc with internet) & it was nice & quiet.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank lov2wonder

Reviewed September 21, 2012

While on vacation, we stayed in eleven different motels. Charter was the best of all. Great room, great service and great breakfast. This was the best experience. We would highly recommend this place.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 13, 2012

We checked in late at night for an overnight stay while travelling. The hotel was near the freeway exit, but not right on the highway, which I liked. The room was very clean and the bed was very comfortable, with lots of pillows. I had no issues with the room. The breakfast was easy, and there was a good selection for an expanded continental breakfast, including waffles and eggs and bacon. The employees seemed to refill items as soon as they ran low. Check out was easy and I had no problems with anything. I would look forward to staying there again when I pass that way.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed July 29, 2012

This is a great place to stay if you want to unclog your own toilet. I came
back one night to find my toilet was clogged and called the front desk. They told me they would bring a plunger right up! They delivered the plunger to my room with a smile and told me to "have a good night", while I stood there stunned. This is also a great place to stay if you want things stolen from you, little things like toothpaste, newly purchased bottled water from the vending machine , and expensive makeup. There was a large group of us staying here for an event being held in town. Upon checkout we all started chatting and found many of us had things taken. I complained at the front desk, I'm sure they don't care. No kind of compensation or effort to right the wrongs were offered. However, the free breakfast was good, and the rate was reasonable. It's a good thing because I had to stop on the way home to buy more toothpaste!

• Stayed: July 2012
2  Thank HelLester
Reviewed July 7, 2012

I stay in the Visalia area once a month for Bible classes. The hotel looks nice especially when you considered the price that I paid (priceline). The room was clean and spacious. It came with a microwave, coffee maker and refrigerator. The bed was comfortable. The breakfast was good. Waffles, eggs, potatoes, cereal, bacon, oatmeal, pastries and juices. The breakfast room is big enough to fit 5-6 people and there were about 15 tables to eat at. I did not visit the pool or walk around the hotel. Coffee is decent.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed July 5, 2012

Kind of weird decor, but it was relatively clean and nice enough. Staff was helpful. Fitness room was small

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 25, 2012

We stayed here just one night. The staff was very friendly, the rooms were very clean and spacious. The beds were also comfortable. Everything in the room seemed to be like new. The room we had even had a ceiling fan. The fitness center was basic but had what we needed. The breakfast in the morning was more than expected, waffles, eggs, biscuits and gravy, fruit and much more. We would definitely stay again.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family