New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
tulare
“Way better than I expected!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2013

I've lived in Tulare forever and had never tried this place until today. I always thought of it as a run down looking Mexican restaurant and nothing ever made me want to stop. Tonight my husband and I, desperate for something new, decided to give it a try. We were not disappointed! The diabla sauce is a must for anyone that loves very spicy food, I had it on the fish and it was so delicious, the fish was so tender and perfectly cooked!! Home made corn tortillas were such a treat. Very good service, I will be back.

• Visited May 2013

Bradley
“Love their warm bean dip!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

I like to go here every time we are in Tulare. Love their warm bean dip that is served with fresh tortilla chips! I had the taquitos with rice and loved it. Their margaritas are really good, too! It was quite crowded when we were there which is a good sign these days.

Visited April 2013
Thank K. B
Tigard, Oregon
“Oh, Yes, Chilito's Mexican Restaurant”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

Great ! Walking up to the restaurant is exciting when you see the beautiful outside patio dining area. Cheerfully and enthusiastically greeted by a waitress. A big spacious seating selection has options of a spacious dining room, a dining area near the bar with televisions conveniently located throughout or a relaxing outside dining patio. I chose the quite patio with all it's beautiful evergreen trees with nice accents.The servers we friendly and quick to approach the table with chips and salsa. The menu has a nice selection of the usual Mexican dishes. The food was served surprising fast. My server was very attentive and always available for any comments or dining requests. There were several families with small children as well as adult groups. Overall a pleasant experience.

• Visited April 2013
Tulare, California
“Not great for Mexican food”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2012

Iv tried this place a couple of times and its OK for Americanized canned Mexican food but nothing close to being authentic or calling fresh. The place is pretty nice and convenient but there are better options for Mexican food around town or across the bridge from the freeway.

• Visited March 2012
    • 2 of 5 stars
Tulare, California, United States
“Good atmosphere”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2012

Chilitos here in Tulare is very near our home, we have eaten here for years. It was better before being sold to a new owner. I rate it as average Mexican cuisin, nothing to rave about but good average food for satisfying your Mexican craving... You can also order to go, and pick up at their drive through window.

• Visited September 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars

Been to Chilito's? Share your experiences!